Sunday, August 24, 2008

~*~THE GREAT STATE FAIR~*~


THE GREAT STATE FAIR is coming soon and Mr. Pennyworth has found his top hat and his favorite bowtie. He can hardly contain his excitement just thinking about all there will be to see. Oh there is sure to be lots of wonderful smells as well...roasted ears of corn, fresh baked apple pies, ice cold lemonade, and the taffy pulling contest is sure to be a hit again this year.
The judges will be lining up to taste test all the wonderful things that all the ladies have made and all the handmade quilts and needlework will be displayed for all to see. The log cutting and greased pig contest are always a big hit!
Of course the men folk will be looking over all the new farm supplies while the kiddo's anxiously await rides on the giant ferris wheel.
Yes dear old Mr. Pennyworth is counting the days until the Great State Fair comes to town once again!

Hello Friends,

I must say that while I am busy in my craftin' room it just seems that these little pieces that I enjoy making just seem to come alive and gain a personality right before my very eyes. Actually Mr. Pennyworth is going to the Great State Fair and very soon. My sister Jane signed me up for an entry in the needle punch category. Now Jane is a seasoned veteran when it comes to entering in the fair. She is quite the cook. She won 1st place just a couple years back in the homemade ice cream category...Butter pecan cheesecake and MMMMhhhh is it ever good!
She was also selected a couple years ago in the Pillsbury Bake Off. She didn't win the million dollars but she got a great trip to Orlando, Florida and an experience of a lifetime. I was lucky enough to go along with her and watch all the fun. It is quite a production.
Now Jane has her two young daughters and our Mom entering some of their Prize winning recipes in the State Fair. Of course there is lots of taste testing going on before the big day arrives making sure everything is up to par!

It's been a busy weekend down here on the farm. We have had a few welcomed rain showers, the lawn is mowed, and Danny built us a new entrance gate he just has to put on the electric opener and will be livin' high class!

I also tried out some dyeing wool with kool~aid in a jar....and it turned out so nice. While I was at it I got out the crockpot and dyed some more floss. I just love how it makes the floss look prim.

Now I'm off to clean up my craftin' room before I can start another goodie or two.

Happy Trails to You....Ginger

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

WHAT PART OF OKLAHOMA DO YOU LIVE IN. I LIVE IN BINGER,OKLAHOMA. I REALLY ENJOY YOUR BLOG. PLEASE KEEP POSTING YOUR PICTURES. THANKS.

TAMMY SMITH
primjunkbug@yahoo.com

primitivebettys said...

WTG on the Fair entry! I just know you are going to do great!!! Mr. Pennyworth is cute fella! ;)

Smiles!!

primitivebettys said...

Hi Ginger! I've given you an award! It is up on my blog when you have a chance to pick it up!

Smiles,
Betty