Monday, August 4, 2008

~A Simple Woman's Daybook....Day 2~



For Today...Monday August 4, 2008

Outside My Window...The hot summer's day is done. The birds are quiet, the cows are resting, and the frogs are croaking down by the pond.

I am thinking...about the one's that do not have air~conditioning during this heatwave.

From the kitchen...fresh picked cucumbers, tomatoes, and another cantelope.

I am wearing... a pink shirt and brown shorts

I am creating...lots of Jack~O~Lanterns

I am going...to try and lose some weight.

I am reading...a book by Victoria Thompson and still continue to work my way through the book of Psalms

I am hoping...for a slow steady rain.

I am hearing...the stillness of the night.

Around the house...the busy day has come to an end and the dishes need to be washed and put away before bedtime.

One of my favorite things...is the older generation. Since I was a kid I have always enjoyed visiting with older folks. They just have so many things to share.

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week...Pick the garden, fill the hummingbird feeders, take a walk each evening, and count my many blessings!

Here is a picture thought I am sharing...



Thanks to Peggy for creating the Simple Woman's Daybook. Stop by her site to create your own daybook.

Happy Trails To You Until We Meet Again....Ginger

1 comment:

Farmhouse Blessings said...

I love the older generation too. I could just sit for hours and listen to their precious stories.


What a lovely photo!

Smiles,
Lea