Monday, August 18, 2008

A Simple Woman's Daybook Day 4


FOR TODAY...August 18th, 2008

Outside my window...the darkness of the night has settled in.

I am thinking...about when I was a kid and we would drive to my Granny's house that lived in Texas and spend days with her. My Dad's brothers and sister and their families would all come and we would have a big fish fry, and all the kids would play while the adults sit around and reminisced.

I am thankful for...parents that set down rules for us girls to live by, and a mother that prayed for us and still does each and every day.

From the kitchen...heavenly smells of cinnamon, nutmeg, and clove.

I am wearing...comfortable pj's.

I am creating...pumpkins from old raggedy quilts.

I am going...to start putting out my autumn things around the house.

I am reading...through some of my pattern books

I am hoping
...to buy some mums soon and plant a large grouping under one of the trees.

I am hearing...the sounds from outside as the windows are open tonight.

Around the house...Danny rests in his recliner, the Olympics are playing on the TV, and a basket of laundry needs to be put away.

One of my favorite things...sleeping under a quilt with an open window letting in a cool crisp breeze.

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week:hauling steers to the market, playing with Sloan, working on our ever growing To~Do list, finishing up a few needle punch projects.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing



When you find a moment in your day stop by and visit Peggy to look into other simple women's lives.

May each of you have a blessed week.

Happy Trails....Ginger

No comments: