Friday, January 4, 2013

Running With Scissors Week 1

 
Are you one of those that feel like your overwhelmed with your baskets that are full of unfinished projects or are you one of those disciplined gals that start a project and finish it before starting another?
I'm a running with scissors kind of gal.....I run from one project to another.  I want to do it all and do it all now!
 It's time to start getting some of the mounds and I do mean mounds of half finished projects done!  So by hook or by crook I'll be working on some every week!  I'm sure I have plenty to last the whole year long and yes even  into the next few years :)
 
 
These little hooked  houses can now be used as mug rugs!
 
 
 
A little bluebird pinkeep ready to hold pins and needles.
 
 
I think this needle punch piece and the the one below have been in the basket for at least a year.  Finally finished :)
 
 
 
Then I finished a little penny rug of sorts!  I have a lot to learn when it comes to penny rugs.  I'm hoping to take care of that in the very near future :)
 
 
So each week I'll be running with my scissors (just kidding) getting some of these projects out of the basket and into the FINISHED  PILE! 
 
Happy Trails....Ginger

17 comments:

jennifer768 said...

I love all of your finishes!I am more of a finish as I go,sometimes I wish I wasn't,then maybe I could get more accomplished.You really are a talented lady!Happy New Year,Jen

WoolenSails said...

I have tons of projects to finish. The small ones I do but the larger ones I tend to stop and then have a hard time, getting back to. I decided it was time to finish and if I don't feel like it, maybe pass along a project of two for someone who can.

Debbie

Primitive Stars said...

Oh I love all your projects to, the wee hooked houses are adorable, love them, I really have to get back hooking, maybe will get better at it......Blessings Francine.

Jacque. said...

Hey Ginger...I'm with you...always have more than one thing going...although mine tend to (usually) be large projects. Love all your finishes...keep up the good work!extEraz 232

moosecraft said...

lol! You always have so much energy! I'm glad you make time for creating as your creations are always wonderful! I like to have no more than one project per technique going at a time (space issue). Right now I have a cross stitch and a needle punch that needs finishing. When I completely finish those... it will be on to the next project... which just happens to be the Snow Days quilt! :-) Then... I'll be back to rug hooking...

Trace4J said...

I think I need to join in with ya and run with scissors too.
My baskets are overflowing :)
Woolie Hugs Trace


www.grannytracescrapsandsquares.com

Farm Girl said...

That was what I decided I would do, I would finish all of the current work and not order any new patterns or draw out any new rugs until I finished my current projects.
I love all of your finishes.
Yes, I think I run with scissors too.

Karen said...

I reading a book right now called "Running With Scissors". Nothing to do with creative hand work like you are doing.

Ronda Walker said...

Love the title of your post, it describes a lot of us. There are just so many diifferent types of crafts to try who can choose just one. I'm impressed by the projects you've finished and look forward to see more. Ronda

Raymond Homestead said...

You're doing good Ginger, I on the other hand am still just thinking about doing a project.

Plumruncreek ♥ said...

I love all your finishes!! I have always loved your Needle Punch.

coinguyslady said...

I need to do the same thing.Good luck.

My Colonial Home said...

What wonderful projects...i think your Pennies are great.
Karen

Michelle~Sugar House Creations said...

I have some unfinished projects too, but my problem is that I never get started on projects and have a list a mile long of to-do's. I love all of your finishes, especially the little mug rug houses. :-)

Rugs and Pugs said...

Ginger ~
I tend to finish the hooking or cross stitching, but I am not good at "finishing" the project.
I must had 5 or 6 small/mid-size rugs to bind and cross stitch from years ago!
Your new year is off to a great start. I think you accomplish miracles.
Hugs :)
Lauren

Country Whispers said...

Disciplined???
Not hardly!
I always have several projects "in the works" and more than a few put on the back burner.

Wendy said...

Don't worry, you're not alone! I have loads of WiPs that I'm tackling this year too. Love your punchneedle.