Wednesday, January 23, 2013

*~Old Cowboys~*


 
 
We are off to a good start this week....last week was full of stress and a lot of prayer!  My dad had quite a week and ended up having to stay in the hospital all week.  Let me just tell you an overload of calcium is nothing to mess with.  Thank goodness he is one tough old cowboy!
 
Would you believe he got out Sunday and today was building fence!  Can't keep a good cowboy down.  Mom is one tough gal, too I don't think she slept a solid hour the whole time he was in....I'm hoping by now she has caught up on some rest.
 
Well the wool dust has been flying....I have missed pulling loops and I'm on my second chair pad.  Once I start hooking seems I can't seem to stop.  Wish the binding bug was as strong :)
 
 
 
 
While I was sitting with mom and dad last week I did manage to make a little penny rug.  It's a great take along project that you can put down and pick right back up to work on.
 
Pati and I will be taking a little road trip to see Betty "PrimitiveBetty"  her grand opening of her little shop is this coming Saturday and I can hardly wait to see what goodies she has filled it up with. 
 
Well off to pull a few more loops!
 
Happy Trails....Ginger 

13 comments:

Rugs and Pugs said...

Ginger ~
So happy to hear that your dad is okay and that mom is getting caught up with her rest.
You always get so much done. Love the peek of the rug.
Hugs :)
Lauren

Beckyjean said...

Glad to hear your Dad is better. Have a great visit with Betty.

Enjoy your evening~Becky

annie said...

hope they both rest, and keep going for many trails to come! love your photos, enjoy the open house, bet it will be great!

cucki said...

Glad to hear your Dad is better. Have a lovely visit with Betty...
love for you x

Trace4J said...

What great news.
Thankful your dad is doing better.
What a cowboy! Love your rug and penny.
Woolie Hugs
Trace

moosecraft said...

Happy that your Dad got better and is back to keeping busy! The hooked chair mat is pretty and so is the penny rug! Have fun visiting with Betty!

Primitive Stars said...

Morning Ginger, so happy all is well for the both of them, yes, hardy breed those cowboys.....Happy Hooking Francine.

HomeSpunPrims said...

Ginger,
Love your chair pad and penny mat! I'm glad to hear you're dad is ok. Have fun visiting Betty and her shop this weekend. Hugs, Lori

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

Love your penny rug, Ginger! Glad to hear your dad is better!

Have fun at the open house!

Tammy

Country Whispers said...

It's great that he's a tough cookie and that he has a tough lady standing behind him.
Lovely little penny rug.

primitivebettys said...

I'm so glad your dad is doing better! :-)

Wonderful handmades! As always!

I'm so excited to see you & Pati! I may not sleep at all tomorrow night! We are going to laugh & giggle! I can't wait! I love seeing you girls!

Cathy G. said...

Hope that toughness of your Dad's keeps him on the right path! My Dad was an old cowboy too so I know exactly what you're talking about!
LOVE the rug you're working on! Have fun at Betty's! Wish you guys weren't so far away!!
Hugs!!! Cathy G

Farm Girl said...

I am so glad your Dad is better. That is so scary. Have fun at Betty's grand opening.
I love your little penny rug. It does help doesn't it to keep your hands busy.
I hope you have a lovely trip.