Saturday, September 19, 2009

Autumn Welcome Free Doodle



As summer comes to a close it's time to look forward to Autumn. I've always enjoyed Autumn days. The pecans begin to fall from the trees and memories of picking up pecans with my sisters and Dad when we were kids. Dad would climb way up into the tree with great ease and jump up and down on the limbs and we watch as the pecans would rain down. Once we picked up enough and they were shelled Mom would make a pecan pie....YUM!

This autumn our Dad more than likely want be climbing up any trees but I'm sure Mom will be making some pecan pies. Dad has been diagnosed with vocal cord cancer and will be undergoing surgery in just a few short weeks. The prognosis is good but the road to recovery will be the difficult part. Please keep him and my Mom in your prayers as they undergo this journey in their life.

Well with all that said here's a free lil' doodle to Welcome Autumn wouldn't it look great as a little punch needle , hooked rug, or even embroidery sampler....enjoy and please give me credit as the designer.

Happy Trails....Ginger

11 comments:

primitivebettys said...

You know you are all in my thoughts & prayers. I wish there was something more I could do to help you all... bake a meal or two, offer some hugs & smiles... but then, prayers are the best. :)

Thank you for the really CUTE doodle. I immediately thought rug when I saw it!

Smiles,
Betty

Farm Field Primitives said...

Thanks so much for the fall doodle. I just love it. What great memories of fall you have!! We have walnut trees that rain down walnuts. We don't get as excited as you would over the pecans. There are literally hundreds dropped by our 6 trees. I don't use them because the taste of black walnuts is so bitter. We just load them into our Gator and dump them back the lane. I think the squirrels like us!!! I will add your family to my prayers. Good luck and happy fall.
~Melissa~

Rugs and Pugs said...

Ginger ~ I'll keep your Dad in my prayers.
Lauren

Anonymous said...

Ginger, I just found your blog today! Thank you for the darling doodle! I think I might try my hand at enbroidering it, and then use it as an insert on a stuffed couch pillow! It's been a long time since I've done any kind of needlework!

That pecan pie that you mention that your Mom always makes, sounds soooo very delish! Reminds me of all the yummy pies my step mom would make for my father and us four kids!

So sorry about your father's vocal chord cancer & I will keep your Dad and Mom and family in my thoughts & prayers.

I will come back and visit you again!

~Lynn/OKC

PrimWyoGirl said...

I am sorry about your dad. I wish the best for him and your mom. Cancer took my mother last summer but a completely different type so I know it is hard and scary. Prayers for them. I am sure all will be good. Thank you for the doodle. I just finished an embroidery and these little ones go fast and make up cute. I like your story about the pecan trees. We don't have them out here so it is fun to hear about those experiences. Jayne

patijane's primitives said...

Thanks for the doodle, Ginger. I think like Betty, it would make a really nice hooked rug. Your Dad and Mom and all your family are in my prayers. Please call if you need anything.

Julie said...

Ginger, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family in this difficult time. As a survivor myself, I know how hard this all can be.

GG said...

Ginger,

I will all pray for your Dad. I am the lady who bought the Sunbonnet Sue quilt book from you, but I have lost your email address. I hope that you received my check as I mailed it almoswt immediately. I hope things are going well for you.
Gayle in Tennessee

GG said...

I have a neighbor who had this surgery almsot 25 years ago,they installed a primitive box so he can talk. He's still talking and is 90 years old and still on the go. He did have to have some radiation, but things have improved since by a lot. Good luck.

Gayle

Jacque said...

Ginger,
My prayers are with you and your family.

Kathy (woolfind) said...

Praying for your Dad, Ginger. I hope everything goes ok.
Thanks for sharing the doodle. It' adorable.