Sunday, May 31, 2009

Sneezy, Itchy, Watery Eyes!



Now I know why I enjoy fall so much. It's allergy season again!

It was another busy weekend again. It always seems like when summer rolls around that with more daylight hours we find more that needs to be done.

We had a busy day Saturday at church as everyone that could came and painted fences, went through a few things, repainted a Sunday School classroom and did a lot of organizing.


This afternoon I mowed the lawn and finished up planting a few more flowers and bushes. Just as I was finishing and the sun was sinking low the phone rings and low and behold it's Danny needing help. Good thing for cell phones or he would have been walking.



He was trying to put some more dirt on the dam of the back pond and just about slid in. With the recent rains we have had the pond is full and the dam needed some reinforcing. With a little help from yours truly we had him back on solid ground in no time.



I've been doing some painting outside just giving the lawn furniture a touch of paint and thought it would be nice to have a little birdbath. It was super simple and if you have a clay pot and saucer you can make one, too.

All you need is a
Clay pot
Clay saucer
Acrylic paint
foam brush
glue (I used gorilla glue)
clear spray





Paint your pot and saucer ( I left the portion I was going to glue together unpainted). Glue the saucer on top of upside down clay pot. Place a heavy object on top for a couple of hours while glue dries. Spray with clear spray let dry.




Now I have a simple little birdbath that all the lil' birds can enjoy!

I found a moment and updated my LPS shop seems like the 1st and the 15th comes around so fast.

Happy Trails....Ginger

3 comments:

moosecraft said...

Good thing for cell phones is right!!! I bet Danny would have been soooo mad if that tractor went in the drink... Gotta say I really LOVE the birdbath idea!!!! Very clever! Yup... i hope to make one soon!!! Thanks for sharing! :-)

primitivebettys said...

You are just ALWAYS so helpful! How do you find the energy for everything you do? I love the birdbath... might have to make myself one for the front garden. It is so super cute! Saw your new goodies on LPS last night... awesome as always girlfriend!

Smiles,

Betty

WoolenSails said...

What a clever idea. Maybe if I put out a birdbath they would stay out of the pool, lol.

Debbie