Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Summer Fun

 
Busy days of punching and hooking samples and of course that means  putting the binding on all these little mats :)

 
Some days I sit outside and watch Sloan ride the scooter and catch grasshoppers while I whip around the edges.  Then in the late evenings while watching British comedy (my mom got me hooked on them) I bind or sometimes punch more.

 
I punched this little basket of flowers for a paper mache box but can't seem to locate the box so I made a wool needle case out of it instead.
 


My friend Dee told me about these neat little magnetic heart shaped closures.  Easy and simple to add and they close so nicely.
 
 
I took the grands to the zoo today.  It was HOT but we did have fun seeing some of the critters.  Sloan wanted to stop and have our pictures made in the fun booth so we did just that!
 
 



We had a great time last night celebrating Dad's 72nd birthday at a new Mexican food restaurant nearby.  He had another round of chemo this week and is to the halfway mark. 
 
Well the days have been filled with packing up everything I can think of for our 6 week stay in Branson.  Hooks, frames, wool, yarn, finished goods, patterns, displays, and so much more.  We will be dressing the part of pioneer gals from the 1800's so prairie dresses and skirts with granny boots :)
 
Sloan took this photo and has taken to calling me an old granny!
 
 
Hope you are enjoying your summer and taking time to have a little summer fun!
 
Happy Trails.....Ginger


6 comments:

Raymond Homestead said...

Love to see all your creations! Happy Birthday to your dad! I haven't been to the zoo in a long time, looks like you had a great time. Your Branson trip sounds like so much fun!

Jacque. said...

ohmygosh, you are going to have so much fun! Love the dress/boots. I do miss hooking (rug) from time to time...it's fun to see all that you do.

My Colonial Home said...

Hi Ginger....what a fun post.
I love all your sweet little designs - oh my goodness...BINDING...I do not like to do that and I have 3 or 4 hooked rugs sitting and waiting for me to get going on them.
Your vacation sounds awesome!!! 6 weeks..yikes - how wonderful.
I love the last picture. I loved wearing dresses and shoes like this. My favorite style honestly it is.
Karen

primitivebettys said...

Oh you are the cutest Old Granny!!! Love it!!!

Wishing you and PatiJane the very best of successes in Branson! I just know you are going to blow them all away with your talents and charisma!

Jacqueline said...

A milestone for your Dad..

Sounds like your summer is packed full of fun and busy times.

Rugs and Pugs said...

What fun pictures with the grands at the zoo. They are growing so quickly. It's fun to see them.
You are as productive as always!!!
Hugs :)
Lauren