Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Stitching, Strawberries, and Picking Posies!


Been working with needle and thread a little as time allows. This was a pattern by Cedarberry Stitches.



This is my 2nd one of this great pattern by A Stitch In Time....Just a very fun piece to stitch. Once it was stitched I added it to a piece of old army blanket.



Again I have grabbed some scraps from the wool basket and have started stitching. This one isn't quite finished.



We have been enjoying a few strawberries from the very small patch I have planted in an old tractor tire. Actually a lil' boy has been enjoying them he pops them in his mouth as fast as he picks them.





The addition of the gathering room has been completed on the outside. The guys did a wonderful job. The electrician who is in his late 70's has been working on putting up lights and adding lots of elecrical outlets for us. He should be done in just a few days.



Danny and I will be completing the inside and I'm hoping it flows as smoothly as the rest has been. I want it simple and prim and I've been experimenting with a few ideas with the walls as they will be done in wood.



I have been working on the flowerbeds a little as the wind allows....goodness it has been blowing for weeks. Sloan found a patch of "flowers" he proudly announced he was picking flowers for his mommy....He had quite a handful to take home!



Now a question. I ordered a vintage punch that I'm wanting to try. Last year while at Star of Texas rug hooking camp in Fredericksburg, Karen Kahle spoke about using one of these and showed rugs she had made with one. I am wondering if anyone has tried it or seen how it is used. I want to give it a try soon....just need to find some time to give it a go. If you have used one or know about it I would love to hear your thoughts on using it.

Happy Trails....Ginger

8 comments:

moosecraft said...

All 3 are looking great! The gathering room blends right in to the rest of the house... I can hardly wait to see what you are dreaming up for the inside! I have seen that tool... though haven't any idea how to use it, so I won't be of much help. Hopefully someone can point you in the right direction... maybe a YouTube video?

Sassafras and Winterberry said...

Love your stitching! One of those sayings was one I actually needed to hear this week!
Courtney

primitivebettys said...

Stitching, strawberries, and the house are looking great! Sloan has the ticket too! Strawberries are the best!

Robin has one of those rug punches. She and I neither one know how to use it. Hope you find your answers.

WoolenSails said...

Beautiful stitcheries, I do like the first saying and read one similar. I want to do more with sayings that motivate and remind me of what is important in life.

Sloan always looks so happy, great time of year to get out and explore.

Debbie

Joanne said...

Love the stitching - wonderful as always - Oh those strawberries look good - I'd be right there with Sloan poping them in my mouth!

Your house is looking great!

Not sure about how to exactly use that old rug hook - they certainly are interesting looking

Unknown said...

Gosh I love the stitchery . Words of truth to live by.
Your new gathering room is going to be wonderful. I love the looks of the whole place.
Sloan picking flowers for his mom, what a sweet boy.
I have one of those punches, but don't know how to use it. Hope you find out and give us a tutorial.
Have a happy Easter.

Wool garden said...

Ginger I love your blog and can't wait until we get our strawberries, but that won't be anytime soon.
I have an old punch like that one, never used it but do have the instructions if you need it.

Raymond Homestead said...

Love your stitcheries and wool piece!
Can't say that I blame the little guy eating those strawberries!!+