Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Rug Hooking Day and Elmo!

I spent the better part of the day today at Country Collections. It is such a nice store to visit if your ever in Moore, Oklahoma. They carry so many different items for the crafter.

Today I taught my first rug hooking class and the one student I had loved it. She did a terrific job and is coming back to the Saturday guild to finish it up. Today we had rug hooking and needle punch guild and with the temperatures so hot it was good to see so many people there. We always have such fun and it's so nice to see what everyone is working on.

Thought I would share a little rug I just finished. It's a great pattern by Kelley. It's in her booklet "Early Harvest" and there are 10 wonderful patterns to choose from.



This lil' one is growing up so fast....wish some days that time would stand still. He can carry on a pretty good conversation and uses big words like "adventure" and for not being 2 until October he is really quite a talker. Okay so I'm a proud grandma! I bought him some Elmo big boy underwear and he just loves them. Elmo is his favorite thing right now.



Sunday morning before sun~up Pati and I will be leaving for Lubbock, Texas for a rug hooking workshop. Jane Olson will be there and we are looking forward to learning the art of braiding rugs. We also will be taking along some hooking to do. So Sunday, Monday, and part of Tuesday I'm going to live the life of leisure....

Be sure to check back soon I'll have more free doodles for "My Primitive Sampler"....I am almost ready to put mine together. Oh and next week I'll be having another giveaway.

Happy Trails....Ginger

9 comments:

WoolenSails said...

Love how you did Kelley's pattern. I love those from her booklet, fun ones to do. Have fun at the workshop and make notes for me;) I braid, but not well, need to have someone sit with me and help me with my mistakes.

Debbie

Jeanette said...

Your rug looks great. I love how rug hooking looks, but have never tried it.

I remember how much my boys used to like fun underwear like that!

Have fun at your workshop!

Mary said...

Ginger, love your rug! And congratulations on teaching your first class. You have 1 lucky student!!! Have fun at your braiding workshop.

Safe travels, Mary

primitivebettys said...

Lovely rug! :)

Oh Ginger! Trinity was (is) an Elmo fan too. :) He has a stuffed Elmo that I'm sure he will ALWAYS have forever and ever.

It is fun to see Sloan growing & totally understandable why you are a proud Grandma! :)

Smiles,

Betty

Julie said...

Your grandchild is 2 and in big boy underwear???? He's potty-trained already?

Your rug is very cute.

Cath's Pennies Designs said...

Oh, I have to comment now that I see your grandson with his Elmo underwear! My grandson, who is 2 1/2now, calls it his "elmowear" That's all he will wear. He doesn't want the plain ones or other characters, only his elmowear.
Great colors that you used in your pumpkin/kitty hooked rug.

AngieSH said...

I want to learn rug hooking any suggestions on what to do or where to look for beginner help?

beautiful rug!

Primitives By The Light of The Moon said...

Angie~ If you will click on Gene Shepherd's blog on the right side of my blog it will take you to his sight. He has a U~tube video that would be very helpful. Very clear step by step instructions. Best advice I can give is get a hook you like, good wool, draw a simple pattern like a pumpkin or snowman face and just practice.

Ann said...

Ginger, Love the rug you just finished up. I was in Michael's over the weekend and they had all Fall/Halloween out - I love that season but it's too early to buy stuff! I'm impressed that your little grandson is wearing underwear at his age. Good Work - must be Elmo. ~Ann