Tuesday, August 21, 2012

The Claw!



The devil's claw that is and I totally agree with the name. I do NOT like these things. We have been pulling them out of a portion of our pasture. How they got there who knows. They are evil yes evil....they bring blood. I had a glove on but I should have worn leather ones. I looked up the silly things and wouldn't you know it they make it into medicine, use it for flower arranging and making baskets.

Let me just say they are a nightmare for livestock and deer. They catch around their hooves and dig in.



By the time we were done we had a truckload.
Wouldn't you know it they sell on ebay at about $1.00 each....We probably have a fortune in those EVIL things. Yes after being snagged about 4 times I think they are destined to doom.

On a much brighter note....had these two busy kiddos yesterday for awhile. Sloan just thinks his lil' cousin is top~notch. He can hardly wait for her to start crawling and talking to him.




This weekend we will begin laying down the tile on the floor. It's going to be a big job but we have some family that has volunteered to help and boy am I thankful for that.

They say rains are on the way....could it mean the dog days of summer are almost over...we can only hope!

Happy Trails....Ginger



6 comments:

primitivebettys said...

Those do look like viscous things! Yuck!

Now the kiddos on the other hand... cute as can be!

moosecraft said...

Ouch! Those Devils Claw look like they can do serious damage. The kiddos look like the best of friends!

Trace4J said...

Morning
Oh wow they look mean!
I hate when your pulling things and they stick ya through the glove.UGH!
Your sweeties sure are growing.
So cute.
Nothing like family pitching in and helping. I am ready for Fall.
Hugs
Trace


www.grannytracescrapsandsquares.com

Farm Girl said...

Yes, I have read about Devils Claw in my herb books, I just never knew what it looked like. The baby is growing fast. I know we might have another month of hot weather at least. I am glad you have got rain this year. Laying tile is hard work. Don't work too hard. I can't wait to see how pretty it will look.

jody said...

gosh i dont think those claws are are worth a 1.00 id be surprised it you could give them away! nasty things!
those grandbabes are beautiful and sloan is growing into such a little guy! enjoy your day! and she is adorable!

TheCrankyCrow said...

Yikes....never heard of those! But they don't look worth whatever beneficial purposes they might serve. Poor you. Wow....can't believe how much Eva has grown. Where have I been?? Good luck with the tile....Home improvements can be such a joy...and such a pain....all rolled into one. Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin