Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Hooking and Hand Me a Tissue!


Most late evenings I retreat to my lil' room. A place I leave this farmhouse and go around the world on the computer, watch or listen to a little tv, pull lots and lots of loops, paint, stitch, eat cookies and ice cream, pull more loops, visit blogs....well you get the idea. Today I went to town and bought a few groceries and a movie. My sisters have been telling me about the movie COURAGEOUS. Have you seen it?
Well this evening I pulled the hooking frame into the living room, gathered up my worms, hook and scissors and Danny and I watched the movie. If you haven't seen it I highly recommend it...get the tissue box your going to need it.




It will clearly make any parent think about how you are raising your children. How you are living your life. What is important today, right now! So as a parent or even if your not....take time out of your busy day, call or go see someone you love. Send someone a real card or hand written letter...just let them know you are thinking of them. Take just a moment and do something for the ones you love. You will be rewarded more than you can imagine.




Well during the movie I did manage to finish hooking up a couple of pieces. I made the little dog from one of Frank Bielec's designs and the rabbit I drew myself. I changed the red flower to yellow to make it show up better.

Tomorrow is another day....I'll be baking a cake and making a couple of big batches of soup. Friends will be coming Friday for a time of crafting fun. The wood is piled by the stove ready to heat the room and the rain has come and gone.

Enjoy your new day!

Happy Trails....Ginger

7 comments:

Trace4J said...

Love both your rugs. Just beautiful. My hubs,son and I watched the movie saturday. GREAT MOVIE!
We all cried.
Hugs to you
Trace

www.grannytracescrapsandsquares.com

primitivebettys said...

Lovely hooking as always :-)

I'll have to check out that movie. It sounds like a goodie.

Have a fun time with your friends... wait, I KNOW you will!

Michelle~Sugar House Creations said...

We watched Fireproof, still haven't see Courageous. Cute lil doggy mat!

Unknown said...

As soon as I finish saying "Good Morning" I will be off to find that movie.....woodstove, Maggie, hooking and a great movie sounds like a great plan this weekend! I love your little dog and rabbit~makes me smile! Have a wonderful time with your fiends and that cake......♥E

annie said...

Haven't seen it yet, but I will. I love your bunny and doggy!

WoolenSails said...

I love to hook while I watch tv, or watch while I hook, lol. It is something I can do and still pay attention to both.

Debbie

Susan At Glen Oaks Primitives said...

Hi, Ginger - I haven't seen the movie but I got a little tear in my eye
when I saw these designs. They are
absolutely precious!
Hugs,
Susan