Monday, June 6, 2011

Staying In the Shade



We are having hot temps already....Summertime heat is not for me. The cows and calves look for shade in between grazing and stopping to cool off with a drink from the ponds. This has been a very unusual year of weather.
During the day the garden needs weeding, flowers need a big gulp of water and the hummingbirds are busily darting to the various feeders.

Late in the evenings after working outside I have been enjoying the feel of my hook pulling wool as I work on a few more projects. This is a chairpad designed by Mad Hen.



Over the weekend Danny and I took a trip overnight and on the way home stopped by Turner Falls near Davis, Oklahoma. I use to swim in the falls as a kid...sure miss those days!



Here is a lil' dog I oxford punched for Sloan. The design is by Frank Bielec and yes he was on Trading Spaces. Such a fun guy to be around and he is so talented.
Sloan loved his treasure box!


Snips and Snails and Puppy Dog Tails....that is what Sloan is made of!



Our mimosa tree is blooming....It's my favorite tree of all. Loved climbing up them as a kid.



Two lil' birds have been pushed out of the nest and have been making a home on our porch. The mom flies in to feed them and hopefully they will take flight before a varmit finds them.



I found this whimsical guy while we were on our trip and he looks perfect overseeing the new flowerbed! He has a lot of attitude.

Sure hope all of you are staying cool and enjoying the early summer days....well I'm off to fire up the grill and water the tomatoes and the rest of the garden!

Happy Trails.....Ginger

10 comments:

mdgtjulie said...

My "garden" this year is all in pots. So I'm watering twice a day as they dry out so fast!! Looks good though, so I can't complain. And now I'm off to water again!!

WoolenSails said...

Love your rugs and Sloan's box is so cute, I do love Frank's designs, they are so fun. Love that waterfall, I want to swim there;)

Debbie

Rugs and Pugs said...

Ginger ~
Turner Falls looks so inviting!
My how Sloan is growing up!!! How time does fly.
Hugs :)
Lauren

The Rusty Thimble said...

OH Ginger I used to swim at Turner Falls too. That water is SO COLD.......I can't hardly stand to get my feet in it now LOL. But it never seemed to bother us when we were young.
Brenda

Country Whispers said...

This weather sure is something!
Hot, Hot and More Hot!
It feels like August weather instead of June.
Love your chair pad and Sloan's little box. Those falls look like a great place to cool off too!

moosecraft said...

Looks and sounds like a perfect Summer! The little rooster is so dang cute! I think I would have picked him up too!

primitivebettys said...

Sloan looks super-delighted to have a treasure made just for him by his MoMo! :)

coinguyslady said...

We have been to Turner Falls many times and were just talking about it yesterday.Hope to go back some day.

patijane's primitives said...

I am not ready for it to be this hot so early. Seems like I am watering constantly. Love the rooster!!! I'm sure he likes his new home. Like your chair pad. Are you going to make a set of them? Sloan looks really happy with his treasure box.

Thistle House Primitives said...

What a lovely gift you made your grandson!! He is so adorable!
Terri