Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Army Blanket Stitching



I've had an old army blanket for quite awhile and I've used it in several projects. I found a scrap piece in the basket and came up with some small projects. A needle case ready to hold some pins and needles. I enjoy just taking scraps and a pair of scissors with no pattern and just playing.



The inside of the needle case.



A small little sampler with a very wonky edge...



A little flower pocket.

I would like to thank all of you for the gracious comments on our home. We are very blessed to live in our barnhouse. It's actually a metal building that was built similar to a barn and we added brick halfway up. It's still a work in progress but we do enjoy sharing lots of gatherings with family and friends here. So thank you from the bottom of my heart for all the kind words and in answer to the cowboy room...yes the Cowboy does clean his own bathroom and occasionally you find him even doing the dishes and laundry. Yes folks I got me a keeper.

Happy Trails to You.....Ginger

6 comments:

moosecraft said...

All cute projects! I admire how you can take a "scrap" and turn it into something of beauty and function!

primitivebettys said...

More lovelies :)

Danny is a great guy!

Karen said...

I would like to find an army blanket. I have seen them on e-bay. A friend gave me a piece of one which I used a bit of but I still would like to find a whole one. I saw a tree skirt made with one. You have done some nice things with pieces of one.

WoolenSails said...

Beautiful pieces, I love using old blankets for the base of needle keeps and things, just the right weight.

Debbie

Joanne said...

Love everything - love how you take a scrap and turn it into something prim and wonderful! Wish I lived next door so I could soak up your motivation and inspiration!

Thistle House Primitives said...

How sweet!! Love what you did with your scraps!! You always accomplish so much, I am just amazed!
Love the hooked flag piece, too!!
Terri