Thursday, March 3, 2011

Enjoying the Sunshine!


I've finished up a couple of oxford punch pieces. The first one is a little dog sampler. The design of the dog is by Frank Bielec.



The lil' house was just hand drawn onto monks free~hand and punched.



"Peter Rabbit" is a pattern I purchased from Cammie Bruce of Baskets of Wool at the Lenexa Hook~In. It was a fun one to hook and only took two evenings.




Well we have had sunny days for a couple of days and Sloan was more than happy to go outside. He was anxious to go water his onions in the garden.



Next he wanted to go fishing so off to the pond we went.



He is getting pretty good at mastering a rod and reel but I still throw it out for him.



He caught 4 in just a short time and informed me this one was a gollywhopper and I had to agree.


Oh and someone asked about the first rug in the last post it was designed by Nola Heidbreder. It was one of my favorites.

Happy Trails...Ginger

8 comments:

primitivebettys said...

Gotta love that sunshine! What a great fisherman lil' Sloan is! :)

Your rugs are wonderful. I've been trying my punch... but still think I need lots more practice. Thank you again for the punch and the lesson. :)

Unknown said...

I like the Peter Rabbit rug. You have been so busy. I feel ashamed. I need to get busy hooking, but I am big stitching a quilt right now.
That Sloan is quit the fisherman isn't he.

Kim said...

Very cute little pieces Ginger. Did you fry up that Gollywhopper for Sloan's supper?

Kathy (woolfind) said...

Love your little pieces Ginger, great job!
Sloan is too cute. What a catch! And it was sooo nice seeing him out there with NO coat on. Warm temps are on there way to stay :)

Plumruncreek ♥ said...

I love your little rugs, they are so cute. Enjoy the weather!!

Sabrina @Falling Leaf Woodworkers and Primitives said...

your rugs are beautiful... and a gollywhopper it is... LOL I have never heard of a gollywhopper
Sabrina

WoolenSails said...

Wonderful rugs and love Sloans big catch, so fun to fish with kids.

Debbie

Cammie said...

Love your little rugs! It is fun to see Peter Rabbit hooked by someone else! Great job!! Sloan is a cutie!!
It was nice to meet you in Lenexa!!
Cammie