Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Polly Wolly Doodle All Day!




Well I didn't actually doodle all day...Just a tiny bit this evening. I signed up for watercolor classes at the local vocational school to start February of 2012 maybe then I'll figure out what I'm doing! In the meantime I drew up a lil' doodle of Sloan waiting on a snowflake. He wants to build a snowman so maybe we will get some flakes soon :)



My sis "Jane" gave me a sketch book for my birthday and here is a peek of one of my doodles. Reminds me of our childhood!

Fare thee well, fare thee well,
fare thee well my fairy Fay
for I'm off to Lou'siana for to see my Susyanna
sing Polly wolly doodle all the day
Oh, my Sal, she is a maiden fair
sing Polly wolly doodle all the day
with curly eyes and laughing hair
sing Polly wolly doodle all the day


Well tomorrow is a work day so better gather up a few little crafty things to bring along and a movie or two for Sloan and something crafty for him to do!

Happy Trails....Ginger

14 comments:

Rugs and Pugs said...

LOVE you doodles! They are terrific and I'm sure you will lots in your class.
Merry Christmas!
Hugs :)
Lauren

Sassafras and Winterberry said...

I just love your doodles. That scene in the sketchbook is such fun. And the little watercolor of Sloan is cute as can be...like him!
Happy Holidays!

annie said...

You have amazing talent, I hope the class goes wonderfully for you!

Kathy (woolfind) said...

Oh Ginger, Love your picture of Sloan! I can see you making Children books! (with Sloan as the main character..) Keep it up, great work!

Rhonda said...

Just the ctest picture of Sloan. Your sketch book is awesome. Wish i could draw. I'm looking for a tole painting class. So i too can learn what I'm doing. Merry Christmas.
Rhonda

cindy said...

oh my, your doodles are so sweet, especially the one of sloan!! i so wish i could doodle, it is a gift!!

Cathy G. said...

Ginger,
Looks to me like you could be teaching the class!! LOVE your doodles and the one of Sloan is wonderful!
I have been wanting to get back to sketching again and you are giving me such great inspiration.... You will have so much fun at your class!!!
Hugs!
Cathy G

WoolenSails said...

Wonderful doodles, looks like a lot of new projects in the future. I received you wonderful card today, thank you so much:)

Debbie

cucki said...

aww i love doodles too..so sweet..
merry christmas..
hugs cucki xx

jennifer768 said...

Great picture of Sloan! Hope that you have a wonderful time in your watercolor class.You have loads of talent.Hugs,Jen

TheCrankyCrow said...

What, exactly, do you need a class for, if you don't mind my asking?? Holy smokes - I agree with Cathy - you could be TEACHING a class. You have an incredible gift and wonderful talent. Love the painting of Sloan! So whimsical and fun. Wishing you a blessed Christmas-tide....Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

Patrice said...

I've been a doodler all my life. My kids enjoy finding old papers and seeing my little pieces of art! Merry Christmas!

Karen said...

I like your doodles. Would make a good prim style quilt.

Olivia said...

If you love Polly Wolly Doodle (as I do) and you cross stitch, La D Da has a chart with Polly Wolly Doodle on it. Funny thing is...I'm stitching it now! :-)