Monday, December 5, 2011

Microwave Coconut Cream Pie




Now this is one quick and easy homemade coconut pie and it really tastes GOOD!
I'll give you the recipe below....



Got a few more loops pulled this afternoon on this delightful rug! If you would like a pattern you might check with Cathy over at the Orange Sink if she has any available. I hope to have the hooking finished by tomorrow....then I'm going to set down and get it bound!

Okay....here is the pie recipe!

Microwave Coconut Cream Pie

Ingredients
*3 cups of milk
*6 large eggs- room temperature- separated
*1 cup white sugar
*1/2 cup all-purpose flour
*1/4 tsp salt
*1/2 stick butter
*1 small (3 1/2 ounce) can sweetened flaked coconut
*1 tablespoon vanilla extract
*10-inch baked pie crust

Directions
1.In a very large microwave safe bowl combine the sugar, flour, and salt, stir to combine.
2.Separate the egg yolks from the whites, keep the whites for your meringue.
3.Beat the egg yolks with a whisk and slowly mix in the milk.
4.Gradually stir the milk and egg mixture into the sugar and flour mixture.
5.Microwave on high whisking often. AS mixture begins to thicken whisk hard and often.
6.When mixture is very thick remove from the microwave and add butter, vanilla, and coconut. Stir well to combine.
7.Turn mixture into backed pie crust, cover with meringue and bake in a 350 degree oven for 12 to 15 minutes or until meringue is golden.

Meringue
6 egg whites
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
1/2 cup sugar

Beat eggs whites, vanilla, and cream of tartar until they hold soft peaks. Then gradually add sugar a little at a time beating well after each addition until all sugar has been added. Beat until sugar is dissolved. Top pie and bake.


Now that the pie has cooled down....think I'll go cut a piece!

Happy Trails....Ginger

7 comments:

Country Whispers said...

Yummy! I love coconut pie and this sounds too easy.
That snowman rug is beautiful. I love the pattern and the colors that you are using.

annie said...

Love your snowman, that's a great pattern from Cathy! That pie sounds wonderful. I love cocoanut.

TheCrankyCrow said...

I absolutely LOVE your snow guy - but I'm sticking with my original story....you're a speed hooker (extraordinaire!) Looking all kinds of awesome Ginger....Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

Jacque. said...

Loving your snowman...great pattern! Pie looks yummy!

primitivebettys said...

A microwave pie? It sounds yummy! Your showman is looking great!

okienurse said...

I am having trouble deciding on which to comment on first..the pie or the snowman! I love coconut cream pie so I will definitely give this one a try. The snow man is gorgeous and I wish I knew how to hook. I start putting up my snow village and snowmen about this time every year and they stay up (sometimes the tree too) until February. Someone once told me snowmen were good to have out every month that had an R in it and I figure that is gospel!
I saw Jen and Ryan at my sisters on T-day and I am excited to hear that the baby is a girl!
Have a great week!
Vickie

cucki said...

the snowman rug is so beautiful..i love it so much..
yummyy i love coconut pie so much..
keep well and have fun xx