Monday, December 19, 2011

Lots of Loops and Look OuT!!!!



I've been hooking like crazy lately in between the wrapping of gifts, playing with Sloan, painting the nursery at our daughter and son in law's home, baking batches and batches of cookies...so pulling loops well it relaxes me. Finished this one over the weekend and before it was even complete it was spoken for.




Drew this one up with February in mind...do you see the black lil' legs and the dotted snowflakes....well a certain little boy who shall remain nameless but will later be featured in this post thought he would draw some extras. He does love my sharpies! Think I may let him draw me a pattern he is becoming quite the artist :)



Using up some blues in the scrap basket...another one to bind!



Had some of the dirty yellows left over so of course another snowman and heart.



Look I did get one bound...the Mr. Chill rug by Kathy over at the Orange Sink's design. So I'm enjoying this one and will for years and years to come!



Scrapbasket woolies fashioned into a heart mug rug...still need bound.



Log Cabin Mug rug...yep this one needs bound, too.



Simple basket of posies mug rug...where is that needle and thread!



House and flowers mug rug...also from wooley scraps.

Well I've put the hook up and found my needle and thread so I'll be binding for the next couple of days.



Today my little guy and I built a fort of quilts, sheets, bar stools and a card table. He is a silly and onery lil' guy always keeping me on my toes!



Tomorrow we may have to pull out some more tables and make a tunnel to our fort at least it keeps him busy!




Now for the look out....we gave him an early Christmas present and he asked me today as he was driving around the yard if he need a Driver's License to drive this. I beginning to think he may need driver's ed because he wants to drive with one hand, wave, and look where he has been more than where he is going! So look out if you see a little blue electric four wheeler we have an unlicensed driver with a sense for the need to speed.

Happy Trails....Ginger

16 comments:

annie said...

Love your hooked mats and rugs. Look out, they grow up so fast. Mine used to do the same thing.
Now he drives trucks, real ones!

WoolenSails said...

Lots of beautiful pieces, you have been busy.
Sloan looks thrilled with his new toy, we got my son a truck when he was little.

Debbie

Unknown said...

Absolutely beautiful creations!
Hugs,
Tam

Joanne said...

Wow ginger - wonderful collection you did - A Mad Woman for sure! LOL Love it! Sloan is too cute - a driver's license - cracked me up!

TheCrankyCrow said...

Oh - that smile in the last photo just says it all...that, and the fort thing, really makes me miss my son's "littler" days. He was obsessed with all things motorized and swear he could drive better than me before he could even walk! ;o) (In case you're wondering, that speaks more to his driving skills than mine!) Love all your new ruglets and mats!! You're giving me the urge to pull some loops and I can't, I can't!! Not yet!! Wishing you a wonderful - and fun - week ahead! Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

Cathy G. said...

Ginger,
Great rugs! All the snowmen are wonderful..... of course I'm partial to one! LOL! Glad you are enjoying the finished piece! I really like the red heart background on that one snowman!!
Sloan is at the age where I'm sure it's hard to keep up with him...... and now that he has wheels.... oh my!!
Merry Christmas Ginger to you and yours!!
Cathy G

Earlene said...

Great hooked items!
Lucky little guy for Christmas!
Merry Christmas
Earlene

moosecraft said...

Sloan looks like a pro on his 4-wheeler! Looks like fun too! LOVE all your hooked pieces... but the bashful snowman with the heart background is my definite favorite!!!!

primitivebettys said...

Always wonderful to see your hooked goodies. Each and everyone is beautiful! I remain envious at how you can get so much done... and still have time to play!

Sloan is too cute! <3

Plumruncreek ♥ said...

Love all your hooking! We got our son a 4wheeler at Sloan's age. He started racing.LOL!

patijane's primitives said...

Wow girl, you and that hook have been going to town. I need to come to your house and see if some of that will rub off on me. Beautiful rugs. Going to have that etsy shop full ((-: Ashlee had a little blue truck at that age and she drove the exact same way. Merry Christmas to you and your family

frontporchprims said...

I love the designs and colors of your hooked pieces. You did a really good job on them. My kids love to make fort too. I hate the mess in the living room. Merry Christmas. -Steph-

Rhonda said...

Love the rugs Ginger. Wish I could get the hang of hookoing. Maybe Boys are all the same big or little. He's precious.
Rhonda

mdgtjulie said...

He is just absolutely adorable. Too cute. And wow, you have finished so many rugs, amazing. You're so quick!!! Grats to you on all the finishes. (Or almost finishes, lol.)

Jacqueline said...

Your creativity wears me out. or maybe it is my jealousy that wears me out.

Sloan is a handsome lad.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS

Rugs and Pugs said...

Ginger ~
How you get so much done is totally beyond me! It was all I could do to finish up one small rug today!
Sloan is growing up so fast and getting more handsome with each passing day. I bet he is excited about Santa Claus!
Merry Christmas to you and your family!
Hugs :)
Lauren