Saturday, December 31, 2011

Farewell 2011



As the New Year comes and the old year is going...I think back over what we have done. It's been a year filled with so many blessings. It's true as you grow older the days do go by faster and you treasure the simple things of life.

So what are my plans for the new year :) It's like a fresh new slate ready to be written upon. I've been thinking of things I would like to accomplish this next year. Not a resolution of sorts but perhaps goals. A daily journal is on my agenda.

I have a list of sorts that I have been working on for the upcoming year....changes hopefully for the good. A time to simplify a few things, a year of giving, finishing many UFO's, more studying God's word and praying, time for doing for others, and more time spent with friends and family.

So as the year of 2011 ends another one begins....let's see what 2012 will hold!

I finished this rug today it's been hooked for quite awhile but I ran the needle and thread with the last stitch. It's bound and I will keep this one. I began it as a hit and miss rug going round and round and then added the house, a heart, horse, and flowers. Nothing was really planned it just happened...so is life sometimes things just happen but it all falls into place somehow :)

Wishing each of you a New Year filled to the brim with the SIMPLE JOYS of life!

Happy Trails....Ginger

16 comments:

Sassafras and Winterberry said...

I adore your rug! I love how it just evolved. It looks so aged and antique and the colors are wonderful!
Happy New Year!
Courtney

HomeSpunPrims said...

Ginger,
Your goals for the next year are mine as well! I absolutely LOVE your rug. It looks so old. I don't blame you for keeping that one!! Happy New Year, Lori

Unknown said...

Ginger, great post. The new year is exciting seeing what is to come. We will be blessed no matter what it is.
I love your rug, it has already been pinned on my hooked rug board.
Hug Sloan for me.
Happy New Year to all.
Katie

Farmhouse Blessings said...

Simply beautiful!

WoolenSails said...

Love your rug, I am really starting to miss hooking, time to make something new, maybe some small pieces to sell. All the nice ones I made for the house are falling apart from the animals, so not making them for the main floors anymore.

Debbie

Cathy G. said...

Ginger,
So very well stated and Hooked!! I LOVE your rug! What a great piece to wrap up the old year and begin a new!!
Many sweet blessings to you and yours for the New Year!
Cathy G

Patti said...

Happy New Year! I LOVE this rug! It is absolutely stunning! I've come back twice today just to admire it :)
Blessings, Patti

Cotton Eyed Jo said...

Best wishes, to you and your wonderful family this coming year. Life creates beauty in a random way, just as you did with this rug. I love it!

Most of all, good health in the coming year to all of the people you love best.

Country Whispers said...

Wishing you all a Happy New Year too!

Susan At Glen Oaks Primitives said...

I think the rug turned out great.
Maybe not planning something out
can be a good thing.
Wishing you peace, happiness and
good health for 2012.

Joanne said...

Love your new rug! Happy New Year to you!

Rugs and Pugs said...

Ginger ~
What a sweet little rug!
Happy New Year.
Hugs :)
Lauren

primitivebettys said...

I so LOVE LOVE LOVE this rug!!! Awesome - just awesome Ginger!!! <3

Happy New Year to you too darling!

Smiles,
Betty

frontporchprims said...

Happy New Year. Love the rug. -Steph-

TheCrankyCrow said...

Beautiful rug Ginger - reminds me so of the antique rugs I so love....What a wonderful treasure. I like your perspective on the year past and the year that lies ahead...I don't have resolutions either - they too easily frustrate and disappoint...but I do have a "word" - and that is balance....Hmmmm....might be easier said than done....Wishing you a wonderful new year ahead overflowing with joy and blessings....Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

Maria said...

Ginger, That rug is one of the neatest ones I've ever seen. So awesome! Happy New Year to you! Maria