Saturday, June 27, 2009

What to Do On a Hot Summer Day!

With the temperatures soaring into triple digits it's nice to sit inside and do a little rug hooking. Of course the washing machine always seems to be getting a workout. Yesterday while at work I managed to work in some rug hooking, too.

This guy was a fun project to hook and he is a wonderful design by Among Friends. I just need to add some buttons to his overalls and do the binding and he will be ready for autumn days.



What to do with all those extra woolley scraps....a simple little mat with stars and sheep. Scrappy rugs are always one of my favorites reminds me of just making do with what you have.




Well I'm off to work on a few more projects.

Happy Trails....Ginger

7 comments:

WoolenSails said...

I love that pumpkin guy, lots of personality.

Debbie

ShabbySheep said...

Ginger, This is so weird, but the first time I saw mr pumpkinhead man I thought "awww, he looks nice!" Like he was a real man!!! I'm nuts! But doesn't he look like he would be nice? LOL Maybe it's time for me to go to bed!! goodnight!

Kathy (woolfind) said...

Love your pieces Ginger! The smile on that pumpkin guy is catchy!!

Joanne said...

Ginger - love your scrappy sheep anmd stars - my favorite is scrappy!

The pumpkin guy is way too cool also! You certainly are getting tons of things done! You go girl!

Terri said...

I love that little sheep. You really are very talented! :)

Rugs and Pugs said...

Ginger ~
How do you get so much done? Never sleep?
Very cute. I love the scrappy sheep mat.
Stay cool if possible.
Lauren

bittersweet said...

Ginger- your pumpkin guy is so great. Also your star chair pad is wonderful. Such talent.