Thursday, January 29, 2009

~*Winter Days*~


It's still cold here in Oklahoma. The ground is still covered in sleet mixed with snow and ice. You can actually walk across the yard and not see your footsteps. The cows stay close by the feeders and just make an occasional trip down to the frozen pond to get a very cold drink.



The sun is out today and the ice is beginning to fall from the eaves of the house and the trees.




I have been working some on the "Whiskers" runner but not so sure that I like the background. I believe I will take out some of the darker green and find something that blends in a little better.

The last couple of days I've been trying to put together a few more things for the Poppy Shop that needs to be updated on the 1st of February. It's hard to believe January is almost gone. With that said back to work!

Happy Trails....Ginger

6 comments:

Cora from Hidden Riches said...

I'm so glad I'm in Florida when I read about ice and snow. It's warm here, but I'm all bundled up in a flannel shirt anyway! Guess my blood has thinned out since moving here.

I love your runner! It's coming along just great!

Cora

primitivebettys said...

Stay warm in all the COLNESS! Brrrrrrrrr! Whiskers is looking great! I think the background is very interesting now ~ but you should do what makes you happy. You are making an heirloom! :)

Shelley said...

Your snow photos are beautiful! And I do like do the green in your runner - but you are the creative one w/ good taste so don't listen to me!

Farmhouse Blessings said...

We have just a sparkling coat of snow crystals on the ground but are expecting a nice warm up this weekend. Hope you're staying warm. Your runner is looking so pretty.

Smiles,
Lea

WoolenSails said...

Your runner is coming along beautifully. I am ready to do the background for mine, but not enough blacks. Guess I need to hit the dye pots.

Debbie

Sugarplum Cottage said...

Love all that snow, please send me some. The runner is gorgeous, Hugs Rosemarie