Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Progress!


So far I'm making a bit of progress on ol' Whiskers. The background color is a muted old looking green.

When I start something I like I can hardly wait to see it finished. Perhaps this won't take so long after all!

Oh someone asked if I have taken lessons on hooking. A friend of mine did show me a bit a couple of years ago but for the most part I've looked in books and just a few weeks ago I bought a couple of dvd's by Gene Shepherd. They really show you step by step.

Well back to pulling a few more loops.

Happy Trails....Ginger

10 comments:

Kathy (woolfind) said...

Ginger, It is looking awesome! Love the muted green background. Keep hooking, and just enjoy it!

Unknown said...

Ginger your rug is looking great. I love the white pumpkin and the background is wonderful. Enjoy.

katie
primitivewoolens.typepad.com

Julie said...

That is looking really good! Be proud!

Carrie P. said...

Whiskers sure is cute.

Tami said...

It is going to be gorgeous!

KKJD1 said...

I dont know of anyone around here who hooks but I may have to find those videos and see if I can figure it out myself I love to try new things and if I can do something as beautiful as yours, I'd love to give it a try. Blessings, Karen

primitivebettys said...

Whiskers is looking GREAT! :)

MommaB said...

what hook do you recommend for beginners and which dvd woudl you recommend of genes he has 2 beginner ones it seems.I am dying to learn this craft...starting to learn punch needle but really want to learn rug hooking

Primitives By The Light of The Moon said...

I have tried several hooks. What I am having the most success with is a pencil~type hook. Regarding the dvd's I began with DVD #2 but I had already had a little experience with hooking. Hope this helps.
Ginger

Farmhouse Blessings said...

Looking good! I was just reading about the history of rug hooking this weekend. I find it so fascinating and hope to give it a try someday. Of course, my mom tells me I have enough "hopes" for 2 lifetimes but I think that is a good thing!

Smiles,
Lea