Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Pocket Change & Connecting Hearts
Hand Hooked Rugs



This week's off to a good start with the finish of two little hooked mats. The pocket change mat used up lots of odd wooley worms.



Connecting hearts are made of hand~dyed wools with a few vintage ones thrown in here and there.

I have to say my hubby was a little worried the other day when we went to a thrift store and I made my way to the register with a green wool men's blazer. Let's just say overall's and wool blazers not a good combo. No worries it went straight to the washer and dryer and then into the rug hooking basket.

Happy Trails...Ginger

8 comments:

basketsnprims said...

Oh, my goodness, I just love those, especially the heart one. Perfect for Valentines Day.

Pam

Shelley said...

You are so creative! The colors are great!

primitivebettys said...

Love your woolly mats! You are so talented! :)

WoolenSails said...

Beautiful rugs and great use of worms. I love a good thrift hunt;)

Debbie

Terry said...

I've had a great time catching up on your blog Ginger!
I love all of your wonderful rugs. One of these days I'm gonna pull out mine and try hooking again.
I just love that Big Ears! He is so cute!
I've still got my snowman on my door and get compliments on him all the time.
Take care!
Terry

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

SOMEDAY I will finish some rug hooking! Those are just wonderful!

Something Nice and Pretty said...

So neat! Your mats would look wonderful in any prim room:)
Rondell

ByLightOfMoon said...

WHat beautiful work you do! Awesome, thanks for sharing it!
smiles, cyndi