Monday, January 19, 2009

"Whiskers"


I honestly have to say I haven't been hookin' long. Rug hookin' that is! I tried it about 2 years ago and struggled. I've seen some wonderful things done with the wool and hook and decided I just needed to give it another try. So I bought a new hook from a dear friend and drew off a pattern and away I went. Amazing what a different hook will do for you. So after making some small mats and rugs I decided to give myself a challenge.

When Dad and I went to Texas back in the fall I stopped by Stonehill Spinning in Fredericksburg. The gals there were so nice and I purchased a couple of patterns.
"Whiskers" is a big fall runner measuring 20 x 62 1/2 inches.

Hopefully by this Fall "Whiskers" will be totally done!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sloan loves to climb...and it really keeps you on your toes. He was so thrilled this morning when his Daddy dropped him off to see a new slide waiting.







Happy Trails....Ginger

10 comments:

primitivebettys said...

A good hook DOES make the whole difference! Will this be the rug you will be working on at Lenexa? I expect to see lots more hooked on it before then! ;)

Have fun today with lil' CUTIE PIE Sloan!

Shelley said...

I can't wait to see your finished fall runner! Did you teach yourself how to hook? I'm so curious about it - looks like fun! And Sloan is adorable - especially in those overalls!!

Juanita said...

Sloan is so cute! I am going to have to try hooking one day! Good luck with your project and show pics when your finished! have a blessed day!
Juanita

Anonymous said...

Ginger, I really like your rug...and hope you thoroughly enjoy hooking it!

Sloan IS cute!

Ann in Maryland

Brenda said...

Tipper, I used to hook wall hangings years ago, reading about yours is making me want to get back into it! I still have my hooks.

You have an award waiting for you to pick up at my place!

Hugs,
Brenda

KKJD1 said...

Wow love the hookin you are doing. Whiskers looks like it will be goregous. Cant wait to see it completed. Sloan is so cute! Oh by the way Im having a giveaway over on my blog when you get a chance come by and get in on the fun. Blessings, Karen

Something Nice and Pretty said...

Oh, that is so nice and will look great for fall, love the pumpkins and cat:0
Have a great evening.
Rondell

basketsnprims said...

Ginger, just wondering if you taught yourself to hook? It looks like something I might enjoy *as if I need something else, LOL) Sloan is a doll.

Pam

Terry said...

I thought you had been hooking longer. Your work is beautiful!
I've seen that Whisker pattern before, and it's a neat one. Can't wait to see it finished.
I'm still thinking about getting my pumpkin head out of storage and trying it again. Hmmmm...maybe it's my hook. ha!

Sloan looks so happy with his slide. Little boys are so much fun.
Take care,
Terry

Farmhouse Blessings said...

Just when I thought Sloan couldn't get any cuter, you dress him in overalls! What a dolly!

Smiles,
Lea