Friday, January 30, 2009

Dusting off the Punchneedle!


As usual I'm always waiting to the last minute or so it seems to finish up projects. Maybe it's because I start too many!!! It's time again to update the Poppy Shop for Feb 1st. Primitives By The Light Of The Moon

It had been awhile since I had used my oxford punch needle so with having located it again and my cotton yarn what fun I had making two little mats. I must say that yarn sure makes the work go faster. Then I blew the dust of my punchneedle and was able to make a couple of new punches for some little boxes I found at a local antique shop.

It just seems like I couldn't keep one tool in my hands for long because before you knew it I found my embroidery needle and with a pattern from Betty's booklet "Meet Willie The Perfect Sheep" I made a little redwork pinkeep.





Time is almost up for the giveaway for the pinkeep. It's listed a couple of post below. So find it and leave me a comment and I'll add your name to the list.

Happy Trails....Ginger

8 comments:

WoolenSails said...

Lots of beautiful punches. I find it fun to make small items, and see instant results. I have to get my oxford out and try a small piece. I did do one with yarn and it is fun and fast, just need to practice more.

Debbie

Anonymous said...

Love the bunnies on the pillows. I am new to this blog and found you by way of Laurie @ the wooley red rug. I'll be back to visit often!
Cute items. Thanks for sharing.

Terry said...

Those are awesome Ginger! I especially like the designs on the little boxes.
Terry

basketsnprims said...

Ginger,
I just love all of the handmades you have done. You are so amazing ~ fast, and so much talent. Have a good evening.

Pam

KKJD1 said...

All the pieces are so pretty! Love the pin keep too! Blessings, Karen

primitivebettys said...

More awesome works... of course! :) It is always a delight to see your goodies!

Carrie P. said...

Love your punchneedle. Beautiful!

Anonymous said...

did i miss your give-away-pinkeep?
been watching to see who won?

congrats to the winner who ever they may be.... :)

joann in tx