Monday, July 28, 2008

A Simple Woman's Daybook ~ Day 1


FOR TODAY ~ July 28th, 2008

Outside my window
...the evening sun is slowly sinking it's head in the cloudy western skies as yet another hot day begins to cool down. The hummingbirds race from feeders enjoying a drink of cool sugary water.


I am thankful for
...caring and understanding sisters, my lil' grandson as he brings so much sunshine to my life, and a family that loves each other.

From the kitchen...comes the heavenly smell of freshly baked cake.

I am wearing...brown shorts and a turquoise cotton shirt and am barefoot.

I am creating...halloween and autumn needle punch projects that will become pillows, dolls, and pinkeeps.

I am going...outside to give the garden and the flowers a good watering after a very warm day.

I am reading...the book of Psalms a chapter at a time and trying to finish up a murder mystery " Mrs. Jeffries holds the Trump" by Emily Brightwell.

I am hoping for...some relief for my sister "Sherry" that has been diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis.

I am hearing...the sounds of a dozer and trackhoe as they have been running most of the day trying to finish up a new pond that is being built.

Around the house...the dishes are done once again, Sloan's toys are put away until tomorrow, and a bowl full of okra sent from Momma needs to be cut up and put away.

One of my favorite things...the time spent with my Dad while raking and baling hay!

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week...work at the shop, keep Sloan during the day, keep a doctor's appt., finish up some needle work projects, and have a family gathering for my Dad's 67th Birthday.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing


Hands at rest from a day of play...


Be sure to visit Peggy the creator of the Simple Woman Daybook and take a look into the lives of other simple women.

1 comment:

Farmhouse Blessings said...

A peek into your days leaves me feeling so peaceful. I, too, find thankfulness & joy in the simple things of life.

Such a sweet picture!

Smiles,
Lea