Monday, July 7, 2008

Farm Livin' is the life for Me!


What a day! You name it and it happened. The sun came up and instead of blazing saddles it was blazing tractor seats. Occasionally you could feel a breeze but it was a warm one. TROUBLE.....began early. Johnson grass is evil~ it will make your day miserable when trying to rake it or bale it! Countless times spent digging it out from the baler and untangling it from the rake wheels.

Spit and sputter...next thing you know the tractor is coming to a stop...what could it be???? It was hollering for more diesel and I needed a great big gulp of tea. I think I must have drank a gallon today.

More time spent on pulling out the evil johnson grass out the baler and making some adjustments, adding more diesel to the little blue tractor and once again we can begin again.

Dad made a few rounds raking for me...whew, I'm off to drink some more tea...just can't seem to get enough of the sweet stuff.

TROUBLE....digging out the evil Johnson grass once again just before dark and what do you know ~ TROUBLE ~ a flat tire on the hay rake! I'm calling it a day!

Green Acres is the place to be
Farm livin' is the life for me
Land spreadin' out so far and wide
Keep Manhattan, just give me that countryside

Happy Trails to You....Ginger

No comments: