Wednesday, September 24, 2008

There's No Place Like Home


Dad and I under a live oak tree just after fishing in the San Saba river near Menard, Texas.

Dad and I had such a good time visiting with family. We arrived home yesterday evening and as I drove up the driveway I said to him there's no place like home and what does he do but start clicking the heels of his boots together. I suppose he was glad to be back too!

I have so many wonderful pictures to share of deer, rivers, cactus, sunrises, pecan orchids and the list just goes on.

My aunt took me into Fredericksburg, Texas to a rug hooking shop and it was stocked with wools, rug hooking books and supplies. We visited antique stores and thrift shops, ate at a little tea room and had an absolutely wonderful time.

I had the pleasure of fishing and visiting with family that I hadn't seen in years. It was nice to get away with Dad and see places where he grew up and hear the tales of his youth. I'll be back soon to share photo's and show you all my goodies I found along the way.

You still have until tomorrow evening to sign up for the fall giveaway. Just check on the post below where it says "A penny for your thoughts" and sign up!

Happy Trails....Ginger

7 comments:

Juanita said...

Ginger,
I'm so glad you spent some time with your father.Sometimes it's just so satisfying to spend time with our dad's and get them to go back in their past and imagine them back then.Cherish these moments.Have a blessed day.

TERI REES WANG said...

Do you offer a shop on "esty" too?
...if not you should. I do. It nearly free, and easy, and stands for all things Hand Made. You can even take the hand made pledge. www.etsy.com
I think it would be right up your road.

Sherry said...

Sounds like you had a great time on your vacation. Can't wait to see pics.

Unknown said...

Welcome home! Sounds like a memorable trip!

primitivebettys said...

Welcome back Ginger! I'm so happy you & your Dad had such a wonderful time. But ya know... I've missed ya! :)

woolyredrug said...

Welcome Home Ginger,
So glad you had a good trip with your Dad and a special visit with family! These truly are the important things!!! Happy to have you back blogging...I love to read here! L

BeFRuiTFuL KReaTioNS said...

Wow Ginger I'm a photo nut and love all of these photos. So glad you were able to share time with your dad and family. Plus you were able to go to a Rug hooking Shop in Texas. Yippy!!!!

Hugs JoEllen