Saturday, September 6, 2008

A Fun lil' Day Trip!

Today we went over to Danny' parents house and picked them up for a little trip down to the south part of Oklahoma. Danny's dad grew up around Lake Texoma and two of his sisters still live near there in Durant, Ok. Danny and I haven't been down for a visit in several years and we decided to go with his folks for a little visit.

Each month if they can his folks go down to Durant and meet with his cousins and sisters for lunch. They sit and reminisce of days gone by and talk about the days to come. They argue and tease and they are such fun to be around. One of his sisters will be 91 next month and she is still a spitfire! She still bosses her little brother around and I just loved it! I hope that I live a long life with as much spunk as they all have.


Danny's parents are in the back of this picture with his cousins in front.


This is a picture of my father~in~law with his sister that will soon turn 91!
Unfortunately his other sister didn't feel well and went home early so I didn't get a photo of them together.

We made a few stops on the way home at a surplus store and then a favorite of all of us....a Fried Pie Store. They sell the most delicious homemade fried pies. We bought enough to bring home and freeze for later. Now doesn't that sound good heated up with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.....What a perfect end to a wonderful day!

Happy Trails.....Ginger

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your blog. It always makes me feel good to visit you.
Doris (wellingtonwoolies)