Wednesday, January 25, 2017

A New Spring Time Pattern

 
I'm teaching at a local quilt guild in February so I wanted to design a simple yet fun and instructional piece for those who want to try wool applique.  Blanket stitches, colonial and French knots, stems stitch and straight stitches will be what they will be learning.  Pinks and purples are not usually my choice but I stepped out of my comfort zone and it turned out to be a fun piece to bring a little spring time into anyone's home!
 
Happy Trails....Ginger

 

8 comments:

lou said...

Ginger-Thanks for sharing this. You inspire me. I have been asked to teach a group of quilters to wool applique. I have been struggling with what to do with them that they would enjoy and learn wool techniques and stitches. Your design is really a lovely and fresh look.

Karen said...

Lovely work!

Cheryl R said...

What a lovely pattern for spring.
the ladies will enjoy learning this one.

WoolenSails said...

Wonderful pattern and I am thinking spring, lol.

Debbie

okienurse said...

very nice! I think you did well with the pinks and purples!

Country Whispers said...

I love both of those. The colors are perfect for Spring. I really wish you lived nearby. I'd love to be able to join in on the classes and retreats that you offer.

Rugs and Pugs said...

I'm not a pink/purple person, either, but your sweet design screams "SPRING"!

Dom z mozaikami said...

Śliczny motyw, wspaniale to wygląda. Pozdrawiam. Ala