Friday, July 16, 2010

*SIZZLING SUMMER DAYS*


It's been a HOT and MISERABLE week where all you want to do is find a cool place and park yourself there with a cool glass of ice tea or better yet an ice cream cone. (I've had the ice tea and been really tempted to buy some ice cream)

It's been a busy week running family to doctor's appointments, chasing one busy 2 year old, trying to keep up with the housework :( mowing the lawn twice because it rained so much the week before, and of course then there is work...the actual setting at the boring desk job so what's a gal to do???? Well dust off the punchneedle and grab some floss and get busy doing something under the cool air~conditioner.

Inspired by the volunteer sunflowers that popped up in the fence row and the bright skies of summer these lil' sunflowers are coming to life.

Hope you are finding a cool spot to rest on what seems to be one very long HOT summer.

Happy Trails....Ginger

10 comments:

Teri said...

Hi Ginger,
I know what you me about HOT! And I think I have had enough ice tea to sink a battleship! LoL!!
Love your sunflower rug ... I have quite a few self sowers myself ... Just the birds planting their own food. Stay cool .. like that is possible ... And think fall :D
Teri♥♥♥

Farm Girl said...

I always feel like such a wimp when I complain about the heat here in Calif. My sister lives near Durant and she was going to mow the lawn this week too, but the heat index was going to be 115, I used to go visit my parents when it was hot and it can no way compare with your heat. After being in Oklahoma heat, California neat is nothing. I love your sunflowers. Stay cool as you can. :)

Joanne said...

Have that ice cream cone! Life is short - Enjoy it while you can!

moosecraft said...

I'm hoping that since summer arrived a month early... that fall will begin in August! LOL! Whaddya think? ;-) Beautiful sunflowers... keep that ac going!

Jacque. said...

Cute NP! Love sunflowers, anyway, and those look nice and cool...just as you wanted them to.

WoolenSails said...

Wonderful sunflower and perfect for the summer. I am still waiting for mine to get bigger, I think I planted them too late.

Debbie

Country Whispers said...

Love the bright colors in this one!

Rugs and Pugs said...

Ginger ~
Your p/n piece is darling...as always.
Please send some rain our way. We are so dry!!!
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

beth said...

it's hot where I am too. Love the sunflowers and the beautiful blues in the background.

patijane's primitives said...

Well, this gal doesn't get to punchneedle while at work :( so do some for me too. The weather was miserable last week so about all you can do is stay inside. Have a good week.