Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Hooked Rugs, Wool Applique and New Followers

I'm winding down on that HUGE pile of hooked rugs that just needed bound I only have a few more to go....although I do have several rugs started....so the cycle continues!





Sloan's rug is a pattern by Maria Barton of Star Rug Company. It turned out just great for a lil' boy don't you think!

Well last Friday I had a pile of scrap wools and some squares of creamy flannel and look what I found in all those scraps. I didn't use a pattern just started cutting guess what a lil' neighborhood was hidden in those scraps!








Now for my new followers....Sloan's chicks love to follow me all over the yard. I hang out the clothes there they are, water the tomatoes and there they are. They come running soon as they see me come outside...who knew chickens could be so much fun. I'm going to give my Mom one of the roosters she just needs to come pick one out.


This volunteer sunflower popped up in the fence row and it's a beauty.


Wishing you a sunny week filled with cool breezes and time shared with friends and family!

Happpy Trails....Ginger

12 comments:

Farm Field Primitives said...

Your rugs are beautiful and your pillows darling. You should be so proud of your talent. Love the sunflowers!!
~Melissa~

Unknown said...

I love the little pillow creations, such fun.
Sloan's rug is just as cute as he is.
I love to hear roosters welcome the morning.
Have a fun day.d

Farm Girl said...

Your rugs are just beautiful. I always look forward to see what you have done. I love your chickens too.
I agree, I never, ever knew that chickens were such fun.
Your flowers are pretty too.

HomeSpunPrims said...

Love the pictures Ginger! Your rugs are all wonderful. I especially love the animal one and Sloan's rug. It really is perfect for a little boy. The little village is sweet. Very neat idea. The sunflower is beautiful.

kathyinozarks said...

I just love those little pillows

Joanne said...

Oh Ginger - wow - what a rug show - congrats on getting some finished - love your little woolies you "just put together" - you are so talented! Sloan's rug is adorable!

primitivebettys said...

Lovely rugs & works! Sloan's rug is just as sweet as can be! :) I've always wanted to have chickens, but don't have a clue about how to take care of them.

Smiles,

Betty

Country Whispers said...

Those rugs are all beautiful and so are those sunflowers.
I wish I could say that my little rug was further along or maybe even done but I can't. I had trouble with a few pieces of wool not wanting to twist the way that I wanted it to and I got frustrated. I put it down for a while but I will return to it and when I do I'll share what I have done.

Country Whispers said...

Oh, I forgot to tell you that I was at our Jo-Ann's store the other night and found monks cloth there for sale. I was so excited!

At Home With Amy said...

Just found your blog and and I'm glad I did. Can't wait to find some time to look at some of your old posts. Your hooked rugs are fabulous. Something I have always wanted to do but never took the time to start. Nice pillows too. No sewing for me.
Have a blessed day,
AMY

moosecraft said...

Very clever how you stitched up that village out of scraps! Very nice! Great going on all those hooked rugs. Loving those sunflowers!

Doris said...

Wow! So many really neat pieces, love Sloan's rug and I especially like the little pillow with the cat. Do you every harvest the sunflower seeds?