Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Counting The Days Until....



Autumn....Just 57 days to go! It will be here in the blink of an eye even as the scorching hot days of summer are still here. I've been watering our tomatoes and cucumbers almost twice each day as they stay thirsty in their big tubs on the porch. It sure has been nice not to have to weed a garden and still be able to reap some fresh vegetables.

I've been in the mood to make fall items and I finished this one up last night. I go through spurts of working on applique, then off to needle punch, and hooking a few rugs or mats, and sometimes a little embroidery. It's therapy for my soul to keep my hands busy.



Thank you so much for all the well wishes and concerns for Sloan. He is much better and I took him for his follow up visit today. Just a few more days on antibiotic and he should be in the all clear. His appetite is gradually coming back and he's back to running full blast once again.

I hope to catch up on reading your blogs in the next few days and catch up on what you have been doing in your neck of the woods.

Happy Trails...Ginger

6 comments:

moosecraft said...

Good to see Sloan is getting all better! What a relief! :-) I'm waiting for fall too... 57 days doesn't sound all that long, right? LOL!

Kim said...

Happy to hear Sloan is on the mend. He is such a cutie. Your house must have felt so empty when he was in the hospital.
Kim

KKJD1 said...

Fall is my favorite time of year and I gladly welcome her, with this hot Georgia weather. Love the fall design! Blessings,Karen

Teri said...

Hi Ginger,
Boy, it sure has been a humid summer ... I think that is what makes us long for the cool days of fall. I know I am ready! Here in KY. the heat index has reach triple digits for weeks now. And I really do hate wishing my days away ...
Love your fall appliqué! Stay cool.
Teri♥♥♥

Farm Girl said...

Only 57 days? Really, I can't wait. I look forward to stitching pumpkins and using all of the fall colors again. thanks for your nice comment by the way. :) I love your little mat you finished so very cute, and I am glad Sloan is up and much better. My grandsons wear goggles like that when they are here too. It makes me laugh.
I still haven't smelled that smell yet outside of when school is getting ready to start, so summer is still going, but I am looking forward to it.
I can't wait to see some more of your handy work.

Unknown said...

Love the little applique you made.
Also happy Sloan is doing well.

Patty have made her first blog post.

http://www.saltboxwoolens.blogspot.com

give her a visit.