Saturday, December 13, 2008

The Day Santa Claus Came To Town


It was a crisp, windy day when Santa and Mrs. Claus came into town today riding in on not a sleigh pulled by eight tiny reindeer but by a big, bright fire engine. Kids of all ages were waiting to see him at the fire station. For one little boy he would have been just as satisfied to have seen Santa from a distance.



It's almost heartbreaking to see him all in tears and I can truly say this is one of my first as far as crying photo's go. He hardly ever pouts or cries.



I believe he's telling Santa "Don't worry I'll be back again someday....just when I'm a little older!"



Everything is all better...Back safely with Daddy!

Our little community is so special each year at Christmas time Santa comes to town. He gives every little boy and girl a stocking filled with goodies and a stuffed animal. Door prizes are announced and it's a wonderful time to visit with Santa and your neighbors.

Wishing you each a wonderful Christmas Season!

Happy Trails....Ginger

10 comments:

Shelley said...

I can see how a big guy in a red suit could be intimidating and scary for your little guy - poor baby! But one day he'll be happy to see santa!

Terry said...

Bless his heart! Makes you want to run up there and get him to tell him it's all better now.
He's so cute Ginger.
Terry

primitivebettys said...

I'm sure he will come to know Santa better! :)

Tami said...

Ahhhh! He is just too cute poor little thing!

Something Nice and Pretty said...

Oh, he is just to cute and look at those eyelashes:) He really is sweet give him a hug from me♥
Rondell

Carrie P. said...

Poor thing, he is not happy at all.

Anonymous said...

Ginger I remember when my granddaughter was that old and she did the same thing. I does get better. She is almost 3 years old now and she will sit with Santa for a short moment without the tears.;o)

Farmhouse Blessings said...

Oh I just wanted to hug him myself! If he only knew that the real Santa was the one holding him in that last photo!

Smiles,
Lea

Amber said...

He looks just like my girls on their first visit to santa! Sweet hearts!
I love your blog...please visit mine if you would like...it's
www.recycledrealities.blogspot.com
Merry Christmas!

Julie said...

Ahhhh...what a sweetie-pie! My youngest son is 16 months old and I've passed on taking him to see Santa this year. He would get so upset. :o( And he's been sick so it would be a little too much for him right now. Besides...there's always next year!