Sunday, December 21, 2008

~*The 1st Day of Winter and Birthday Wishes*~


Winter is the season in which people try to keep the house as warm as it was in the summer, when they complained about the heat. ~Author Unknown

Winter's blast has blanketed much of our country and looks like it is here to stay for awhile. Time to keep the kettle going to keep the cups steaming with hot apple cider and mugs of hot cocoa topped with whipped cream. A time to wear flannel pj's and wool socks, throw another log on the fire and cozy up under the covers with a good book or movie.

Celebrating a special day was my lil' niece "Megan" today she turned 7. Here are the 3 M's as I call them...Maggie, Mandy Jo, and Megan!



The Birthday girl....MEGAN!



I just finished up another hooked rug. Now I just need to get this one bound. Reminds me of springtime!



If you are like me you are counting down to Christmas. I have a growing list of things to do before Christmas day. It's sure to be a busy week.

Happy Trails...Ginger

3 comments:

Carrie P. said...

Sweet pictures of the Birthday girl and friends.
Your sheep is really cute too. Busy week for all.
Merry Christmas!

Julie said...

Happy Birthday, Megan!!!

I love your sheep! They are my favorite prim thing.

Farmhouse Blessings said...

The girls are so sweet! We're short on girls around here. They sure are sweet.

I LOVE your hooked rug. Makes me ready for springtime too!

Smiles,
Lea