Thursday, June 19, 2008

~*My Favorite Cowboys and a lil' Supper*~


My two favorite cowboys seem to be discussing some serious business. You know farm work is hard and sometimes it's nice to sit back and just see what's been going on with one another.

My Dad & Mom bought a farm after all of us girls grew up and moved away from home. We grew up in a small town not far from where I live now and at the time Dad often found time to take us girls fishing and sometimes hunting. I was the lucky one.... mmmhhh.... being the oldest of four girls to help with the cleaning of fish, doves, squirrels, whatever. Did you know you have to undress squirrels if they are coming for supper! Of course when the mystery meat hit the table it was always called "chicken" seems like we had a lot of chicken.

Frog legs also made their way to the table...but not before the excitement in the frying pan. Do you know if you don't cut the tendons they will jump in the pan~ NO KIDDIN'~so Mom being the prankster she is..we girls found out the hard way! I think she liked to hear us SCREAM!


This little squirrel was frozen in action coming down a tree as I took his picture. Believe me he was safe from me. I had no plans to undress him for supper!


Here is a great alternate to squirrel, frog legs,....
I'm not sure of the name of it but it is super quick and simple

~*~You'll need~*~
9 x 13 baking dish
12 Hawaiian Mini Loafs
Shaved Deli Meat (Your choice)
Sliced Cheese (Your Choice)
Make little sandwiches with the above then pack your 9 x 13 pan. Set aside.
Mix together:
2 TBS Mustard
2 TBS Poppy Seed
2 TBS Dried Minced Onion
2 tsp Worchestire Sauce
2 Sticks of Butter (melted) you can actually decrease this some!
Mix all this together and then pour over the top of the sandwiches...Right over the top!
Heat your oven to 350 degrees and bake for 15 to 18 minutes.
Serve warm and enjoy!

I didn't have mini loafs just the Hawaiian rolls and they worked fine. I cut the recipe in half for just us two and it was more than enough....and we saved a squirrel!




I actually finished a small hooked rug. The pattern is by Buttermilk Basin and was fun and simple to do. I'm still pretty new at rug hooking and still see lots of room for improvement. I've actually finished a couple more redwork Santa's for my Christmas quilt. It's amazing what you can accomplish waiting at doctor visits and of course....Tractor Supply!

Happy Trails~~~~~Ginger

1 comment:

primitivebettys said...

Lovely rug Ginger! You are doing an awesome job hooking! :)

Thanks for the recipe too! We might just enjoy that one this coming week.

Smiles,
Betty