Friday, June 6, 2008

Primitive Halloween Booklet


I have been working away at some line drawings for a new little booklet. I was inspired by a needle punch Jenn did some time ago. I told her that I thought it would make a great pattern for hooking, applique, stitching, maybe even painting.

So I thought why not make a little booklet....so at work today instead of getting paperwork done(it will wait til' Monday) I started drawing. We had a neat little store in the town I grew up in that had a Five and Dime store with wood floors, high ceilings, and isles filled with goodies. Oh, to visit that store to see all the treasures. What we now call Vintage Halloween....could be found there along with costumes for the upcoming Halloween night. We didn't have a big department store at the time but we enjoyed this store along with the malt shoppe and pharmacy next door.

I think Mom must have enjoyed the Halloween fun as much as we did. She always found the most interesting, scary masks. We might be in the kitchen late at night doing the dishes and look out the window and there she was with that mask on...talk about your heart racing, screaming, and running for your life!

I have to admit Fall is my favorite time of the year. We sometimes have our church family over for hayrides, games, lots of food, and a campfire. Guitars, fiddles, and banjo's finish of the evening with a sing~a~long around the campfire! OOOOh I can hardly wait for Fall to come again!

Check back soon and I'll post a picture of Jenn's Needle Punch that started this little booklet. If your interested in our booklet just click on the link and it will take you to our Lemon Poppy seed pattern shop! The booklet sells for 9.99 and has 10 line drawing patterns and we ship for free!

Primitives By The Light Of The Moon Patterns

Happy Trails....Ginger

1 comment:

primitivebettys said...

WTG on designing up your new booklet! I'm wishing you much success!!! :) I'm sure it is full of delightfully eerie~spooky~cute designs! :)

Smiles,
Betty