Sunday, May 16, 2010

More Finishes and Playing In Puddles

I have been working on a few more finishes and I must say I feel guilty hooking when I know there is still more to be bound. At least there is an end in sight. I only have 11 more to be bound.


(chair pad my design)


(Welcome Sign my design)


( Goat designed by Stonehill Spinning)




I did try a little hooking directly onto wool...just a simple flower and it still needs steamed.



Well the guilt only last so long and I did start a posey runner that is designed by Saltbox Primitives. I saw this when we were in Warsaw, MO a couple of weeks ago and I knew I had to have it!




Saturday evening we had Sloan for the night and decided to hop in the truck and go visit with his Great~Grandma and one of his cousins just happened to be there visiting, too. So after a little snack of homemade muffins made by Grandma they had a great time....

Playing in puddles of course! You know every now and then the scooter needs a good scrubbing.


Chloe decided she would just go ahead and get right in. She's not going to be outdone by any boy!



Oh to be a kid again!

Happy Trails....Ginger

11 comments:

Rachel said...

Your designs look wonderful!
Rachel

Moonpie primitives said...

Hi Ginger: I love your new chair pads, you do beautiful work!!! And the kids are super cute, you have to love them. Thanks for sharing, Nancy

Kim said...

I wonder what it is about mud puddles that makes them so irresistible? Great rugs. Keep going, you are making progress on the finishes.

moosecraft said...

Puddles!!! Yippeeeee! Looks like a lot of fun! Love all your hooking, too! Keep on hooking... There will always be something that needs binding... it's just a simple truth! ;-)

Unknown said...

How did you like hooking on wool?
Really liking the chair pad designs.
I have a posey runner above my entry door. I like the white pot with the blue stripes.
I the kids and they freedom they have to just get out there and have fun. I wish at my age I still had that joy.
Hoping for sun shine soon

primitivebettys said...

I'll bet you did end up joining them in that puddle! :)

Your rugs are great as usual & I'm still flabbergasted to see how many you get hooked!

Country Whispers said...

That's what the puddles are for right?

Your rug designs look great.
Since school is done now I plan to get my strips cut today and FINALLY begin an actual project. What better way to spend a rainy day!

WoolenSails said...

Lots of wonderful hooking, you do keep busy.
Nothing like a good mud puddle to make a kids day;)

Debbie

Teri said...

Hi Ginger,
Love your welcome design! And it would be wonderful to be a kid again ... I'd just like to be able to walk barefoot again!
Stay warm and dry.
Teri♥♥♥

patijane's primitives said...

I always loved stomping thru the mud puddles as a kid. What fun Chloe and Sloan are having. Your hooked pieces are wonderful. Wish I could get as much done as you do.

Angie Berry ~ Berry Homespun Primitives said...

Your designs are beautiful! You do such wonderful work on your hooking! The runner will be fabulous when you are finished with it. I just love runners!

Those are some sweet pictures of the kids. One of the most fun things to play in-- mud puddles!