Friday, May 2, 2008

~*Time began in a Garden*~

What a wonderful day spent stitching with friends. Once a month I try to get to one of my favorite stores here in Oklahoma called Country Collections by Hart located in Moore, Ok. They have a shop filled with primitives that are handmade not the imported stuff! Patterns for embroidery, rug hooking, needle punch, felting, penny rugs, quilts and more. They have wool on the bolt and hand~dyed as well. Hand~painted items, candles, rusty tins, and the list goes on! Every time I visit their store I see something new.

Today was so nice to just sit and stitch and of course I found a few lil' things I just couldn't resist! I have been working on Time began in a Garden by Indygo Junction a quilt block of the month. It is a raw edge quilt pattern but loving wool....I am making it into a wool wall quilt. A very talented teacher at Country Collections did one in hand~dyed wools and it is absolutely awesome! So hopefully by the end of the year if not before I will have mine done and hanging on the wall behind our bed. So far I have two blocks totally done.






Tomorrow is suppose to be nice here and the grass is ready to cut once again. I also have some flowers that are in need of being planted so I guess tomorrow will be....Time Spent in the Garden!

~*Happy Trails*~....Ginger

1 comment:

primitivebettys said...

What fun! I want to come stitch & hook with you!!! :)