Monday, January 31, 2011

Saltbox House



Well the cold winds have returned and more dropping temps are on the way....good by 70's hello teens. Might as well keep the hands nice and warm with working on more punched pieces. This lil' saltbox house is my latest finish and of course I still need to bind it. It was all made with wool strips. I have another one started with the yarn below. I'll share it in a day or two.



I found the yarn at a little shop in Norman, Oklahoma. I was asked what brand it is. It's called Cascade yarn and it's 100% Peruvian Highland wool. It's a nice hand~dyed wool that works up beautifully. I have been doubling it and putting it through my oxford punch needle. It cost about $6.00 for 220 yards.

Looks like we will be snowed in for a few days and we have been preparing by giving the cows and goats some extra food. Checking on generators and of course we got to keep the soup on a cooking!

Wishing each of you a safe and warm week.

Happy Trails....Ginger

5 comments:

moosecraft said...

I know you have been praying for snow.... but this storm promises to be a doozey! I think it will be reaching all the way up here in nj too? Stay safe and warm... looking forward to seeing what you create with that gorgeous yarn!!!

Sabrina @Falling Leaf Woodworkers and Primitives said...

love the saltbox house, it is beautiful. you do great work... try to stay warm, it is frigid here in Maine also with another snow storm on the way... I am ready for spring.
Happy Monday
Sabrina

Unknown said...

I love your Saltbox rug. Love the whimsey of the flower being bigger than the house. Are you selling the pattern. Love it.

primitivebettys said...

Another cutie-pa-tootie! :) I can hardly wait for my in-person lesson!! :) :) :)

Yankee Valley Stitcher said...

What a darling little Saltbox House!