Saturday, January 29, 2011

Preparations for A Winter Blast!


Amazingly today we had temperatures of 75 degrees....I enjoyed rolling down the car windows and letting the breeze come right on in. It's not without it's consequences though we have had way too many fires. I am really hoping that the winter blast that they are expecting for Monday and Tuesday does bring some much need precipitation...just not in ice form!

Well to prepare for the winter blast I picked up some beautiful wool yarns so my oxford punch needle doesn't get cold! I also got enough fixins for some homemade chicken noodle soup and if the power goes out why we will just have some sandwiches.

I've been counting down the days to the Rock Creek Hook~In held in Lenexa, Kansas. It's always the last Saturday in February and this year we plan on leaving to make our way up a few days early to check out lots of shops and stop by our very dear friend Betty's. It's going to be so much fun I can hardly wait!

I need to clear off the old work desk it's piled up with wool, fabric, and patterns so I can get started on something new!

Happy Trails.....Ginger

13 comments:

The Rusty Thimble said...

Oh Giner I know in Southern Oklahoma to day it was so warm, went outside without shoes on and wore a Tee shirt........but ours is coming on Tuesday.....I am not looking forward to it. We do need some wet weather the fires are horrible.
Stay warm...my mother is in central oklahoma and I sure worry about her.
Brenda

Joanne said...

OKAY Ginger - stop bragging about your weather - LOL! sounds like you are ready to create in any weather! And your trip end of February will be so much fun!

primitivebettys said...

I do hope y'all get the moisture you need... but that you can stay safe too! Pretty yarn colors!! :)

Farm Girl said...

I hope it turns out to be a nice storm and not one of those terrible ice storms.
Your yarn looks great and I can't wait to see what it turns into.
Blessings

Beckyjean said...

We had a heat wave yesterday too~32 degrees. I think I would have liked your better.

Enjoy your day~Becky

appleberrycottage said...

Pretty colors of yarn! Do you use 100% wool or a blend? That storm should hit Chicago on Tues/Wed, and I'm hoping for a snow day!
Laura

Raymond Homestead said...

Love the yarn colors! 75 degrees! Wow, that's nice!

Nettie said...

Hi, Ginger... Love your beautiful wool yarn for your Oxford punch needle, great colors... And chicken noodle soup sounds great!

WoolenSails said...

I love that yarn, what kind is it?
I wish I could find inexpensive rug yarns for rug punching.

Debbie

Kim said...

Maybe you will finally get the snow you have been wanting for making a snowman.
I would gladly send you some of mine. :)

Country Whispers said...

75° in Jan. ~ how lucky you are!
It warmed up to the 40's here today but still plenty of snow and ice on the ground. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this next storm will bring us rain or snow and NO ice.

Claudine said...

de très belles couleurs ! J'ai hâte de voir la suite. Bonne journée

Angie Berry ~ Berry Homespun Primitives said...

It was nice to get that hint of spring, wasn't it? We live less than a mile from a fire station and heard sirens ALL day long. It was so sad about all the grass fires they were having.

Your hook-in sounds like tons of fun! How wonderful to stop by and see Betty. Enjoy it!