Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Corbin Mills and American Whatever
Liberty, Missouri




If your in the neighborhood of Liberty, Missouri and you like cross-stitch or rughooking or for that matter just a good piece of pie you'll want to stop by Corbin Mills. Inside the doors you'll find a little bit of heaven!



Let me introduce you to Sandy Williams. She told me she gets up early in the morning cooks her husband breakfast and then comes down to do some cooking for her restaraunt. She cooks all the homemade pies...the restaraunt was already closed when we arrived and the pie was gone :( I've got to go back she has homemade coconut pie! Sandy told me to go ahead and go inside the restaraunt and look around she has hooked rugs inside the restaraunt, too! She hooked each and every one and she keeps a little photo album of all her rugs with a little history about each one.










I wish I would have asked her how many rugs she has hooked but from just what she has hanging it's a LOT!!!







She has many different rugs from lots of different designers. This paticular one is by Lori Brechlin of Notforgotten Farm called "Give Thanks" and when I saw it I knew I had to buy the pattern!





I thought this was a very clever idea...a bookcase turned up with legs added then wood to separate the shelves into bins to hold different colors of woolley worms.









It was kind of sad to see our trip come to an end but then again I'm sure there will be many more adventures to come.

I'll be gone for a few days to have some maintenance on the ol' ticker and when I get back I have some wonderful goodies to share with you that some friends have made! There is nothing like getting handmade gifts until then....

Happy Trails....Ginger

10 comments:

Gayle said...

Wow Ginger - What a delightful store you were able to visit! I especially love the divided table where each cubby is filled with colored worms - what a clever idea! That's a BUNCH of great rugs on display - definitly a place I'd love to visit some day!

ShabbySheep said...

Ginger, I've been to Corbin Mill a few times and loved it too. So sad I couldn't make it to Lenexa this year. Next year for sure!
xo,
Sheri

Unknown said...

The Liberty Store looks great, let me know if you are coming back to the Saltbox, I will make you a coconut creme pie.
Wanted to let you know Patti is having a hook in March 20, if you and the gals are interested call Patty at 660-438-6002 or email me at Katie.Paxton@gmail.com.

Deb said...

That store looks like a dream come true. I just took up rug hooking so I'm always on the lookout for just that right pattern. My teacher has a lot of Lori's things at her shop, so I'll have to look for that one. I like it a lot!

Sandi said...

What a coincidence seeing your post today, 'cause i'm going over to sandy's shop tomorrow; it's not very far from here...i love her shop and her patterns & wool!

WoolenSails said...

What a wonderful shop. I will be thinking of you this week, and sending my prayers to you.

Debbie

moosecraft said...

Wow! So many rugs! Sandy has a rug show all by herself! I'll be thinking of you tomorrow, Ginger... and in the recovery days that follow! Big hugs! ~Sharon

Rugs and Pugs said...

Ginger ~
Oh, that shop does look like wool heaven!
Thinking good thoughts on your ticker maintenance ;-)
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

coinguyslady said...

maintenance on the old ticker???I hope things are Ok.

Joanne said...

Oh Ginger - what a great time you girls had in so short of time - that rug shop looks like heaven! Will also be thinking of you! Take care