Friday, January 22, 2016

January Stitches



I have a bit of an obsession with wool applique!  I have a little over 100 patterns that I want to carry in my little store in the Prairie Moon Barn so that means making samples, samples, samples!
 
Thank goodness my sweet Mom loves to applique, too!  She likes me to get them ready for her and let her do the stitching.  Ahhh but she has to help trace them off....no cheating!
 
We finished up some patterns by Cricket Street Wool.   The above photo is Elmer, Harry, and George Wabbit.
 
The picture below is also, a pattern by Cricket Street Wool.
 
Danny and I work almost every evening on the barn.  We are ready to have the heat connected to the propane just as soon as it warms up and we can get a cement pad poured to set the propane tank on!  Come on warmer days!!!!
 
The floor has been prepped and we are hoping to get the floor done in the next week.  The windows are all trimmed out, and we are ready for the plumbers to come back and finish up!  We have some trim work to do and before long I hope to have it ready and set up the store soon. 
 
We will be moving fences and a cattle guard and doing some landscaping.  I'm ready to decorate those porches and make some nice setting areas along with a porch swing or two!
 
Well time to get busy!   Have a great weekend and stay warm :)
 
Happy Trails....Ginger
 

9 comments:

WoolenSails said...

Those are wonderful pieces, love the woolly pillows.

Debbie

denise said...

love the samples!

Farm Girl said...

I am so excited for you Ginger! What fun. I love those patterns. I can't wait to see it all come together.

Bev said...

What beautiful work you and your Mom have done with the wool! I love wool applique, too. I print off free patterns and cut out my own wool pieces to applique. I use wool felt, too. Please tell us about your barn. What will you be using it for? Sounds intriguing. We're in the NC mountains snowed in with over 18 inches of snow. It's beautiful! Bev

Rugs and Pugs said...

Sweet applique and your shop sounds like it will be WONDERFUL. So happy your dream is coming true.
Hugs :)
Lauren

Jackie said...

Love the applique pieces!

Three Sheep Studio said...

It's interesting to see your barn project coming along. You must be very excited !
Your samples are fun and perfect to pair with the pattern. Have fun preparing for your venture !
Rose

Unknown said...

Little houses are always so much fun!

annie said...

Those are really cute projects!
So happy it is all coming together for you!