Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Back from the 1800's!

 
 
What a grand time Silver Dollar City was.  Sometimes it is nice to slow down a bit and spend time living a simpler life. 
 
Frank Smith twirled his rope and included Ann and I in his lasso for the crowd.  He works at Silver Dollar City and cooks pork rinds.  He has been using a lasso since the age of 7.  He was a bronc rider in rodeos and was also a school teacher.  The folks that work at Silver Dollar City enjoy entertaining the crowds and are some of the nicest people you will ever meet!
 
I've had a chance to get home and unpack  and see the grandkiddo's and boy did this MoMo miss them.  I'm getting back into the swing of things and hope to do a few instructional videos for beginning needle punch and oxford punch to help out some new punchers :) So check back soon!
 
Thanks to all that stopped by the booth it was a great experience and I plan to go back again next year.
 
Happy Trails.....Ginger
 


6 comments:

Trace4J said...

So much fun.
Oh I cant wait I wanna learn bad.
Woolie Fall Blessings to you

Jacque. said...

Glad you had some fun and time away. Am sure you did miss the grandkids...and they, you. Have a great week!

Rugs and Pugs said...

Welcome home! I look forward to hearing more about it and seeing pictures.
Hugs :)
Lauren

Three Sheep Studio said...

Glad you had a grand time away.
It is always good to 'come back home'. ;)
Rose

primitivebettys said...

I'm still so sad that I missed you! It is great to hear all the fun & successes you had. :-) It is great to hear you are back home with your kiddos now too!

You know what? My Mom is headed to Branson this weekend & was hoping to catch you at SDC while she was there! Rats!!! She will miss you too!

When will you have your website up & running? I really want to check out your yarns!!!

okienurse said...

YAY! bet you are glad to be back around the babies and family again. Like you say though a break once in awhile is nice. Doing any get together's in the future?