Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Lumps and Bumps


We have been blessed with lots of sunny days! Today I am thankful for an answered prayer. I truly believe that God hears all of our prayers :)

Well seems like I haven't pulled a loop in weeks but I will again and soon. There have been other things tugging at my heartstrings!




I really need to drop about 20 pounds...uuuggghhh that does mean cutting way back and I mean way back on the ice cream along with the mexican food. A friend of mine showed me back in February a great little device called a FITBIT. It's a very accurate pedometer. Kind of costly but I bought one and have been carrying it with me since March 3rd. Well I have walked 246.57 miles since then. Haven't dropped a pound! So it's time to put down the ice cream cone and back away from the chips and salsa....it's time to get rid of a few lumps and bumps!

Happy Trails....Ginger

8 comments:

Rita said...

I'm a long-time fitness walker...up to 4 1/2 miles 5 days a week.

I used to use a pedometer but it must have been a cheapo one b/c it was very inconsistent when I'd walk the same route every day.

After that we just roughly measure out our path (drove around it in the car) to figure out how much I walk. I've since changed where I walk, a jogging path now, that has a published distance.

I can truthfully say that I love walking while I'm out there, love how it's made a difference in my energy level, etc., but it's a daily fight with myself to just get started. lol!

Good luck!

mdgtjulie said...

Good luck Ginger. I've never met a diet that I liked, lol. And wow, that's a lot of miles. I wish I could walk for exercise. My asthma always gets in the way though.

HomeSpunPrims said...

I believe God answers our prayers also Ginger. He is the same yesterday, today and forever. We are the ones that need to change! In faith, believing He will always be there for us no matter what. I'm glad He blessed you with an answer to your prayers. Praise Him!

Best wishes on your weight loss journey. I know you can do it! Hugs, Lori

moosecraft said...

I've been trying to get rid of some lumps and bumps too... high fiber cereal for breakfast, salad for lunch and a reasonable dinner... ain't workin' though... let me know if you find a secret combination. ;-)

Farm Girl said...

The loosing weight thing makes me crazy. I just gave up. I walk my legs off and count everything that goes in my mouth and not a pound. I guess it is the age.
I need to look into that pedometer. You have walked so far.

jody said...

id be scared to see how much i have walked... i bet it wouldnt be near that! i do need to get busy i look at emma my corgi and tell her soon will go for a walk..i quess today would be a good day. enjoy your day!

Michelle~Sugar House Creations said...

You aren't alone. I have enough lumps and bumps for at least two people. :-)

Anonymous said...

Wow, Ginger! Pat yourself on the back for the 246+ miles you've covered! Your watercolors are fabulous!

rebecca