Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Baking, Playing, and Hooking



I've been planning for Frank Bielec to come here in September to teach a oxford punch class and so I've been working on making a list of lunches and snacks to serve. So thought we better try a sample or two. This one is called Goofy Cake and it turned out really good just a lil' on the rich side!



Danny and I sampled a piece but the rest will make it's way to work tomorrow to share with the guys.



I'm going to have to get me a bean bag if this playing on the floor keeps up! Ferdinand the Bull is just about to be up to some mischief...for some reason that onery ol' bull likes to tear up the barns.



Another small mat finished hooking just needs steamed and bound. It was another busy day filled to the brim with a lil' of this and that! Hope your enjoying your week. If you want to sign up for the giveaway see the previous post or click on the pic at the right hand top of this blog.

Happy Trails.....Ginger

9 comments:

mdgtjulie said...

Looks like fun Ginger. Those are the days you really miss when your child suddenly becomes embarrassed to be your child!!! I hope you are having fun just playing as much as you can. Great little rug. I've seen several hookers say things about binding a rug. How is it done?

Trace4J said...

I just love the star mat!
You are so talented friend.
I would love to take a class one day
Trace

www.grannytracescrapsandsquares.com

moosecraft said...

Geeeeez! That silly ol' Ferdinand!!! lol! Cake looks might good to me!

Sabrina @Falling Leaf Woodworkers and Primitives said...

oh, how lucky that you are having Frank...I would love to do a class with him. I just love him.
your dessert looks yummy.
love your start mat also, looks great
Sabrina

WoolenSails said...

That looks interesting, sounds like you will have a wonderful time with Frank coming, lucy you.

Debbie

primitivebettys said...

Fun bull playing!

What is the date Frank will be there? :-)

Farm Girl said...

Okay what is in the cake? You have my curiosity up.
I think that is neat you are having your own little school.
When are you having it?

Sassafras and Winterberry said...

Please share the recipe for the cake...it looks so good. Plus, I love your little star mat. I'm a sucker for hit or miss.
Have a great weekend!
Courtney

Joanne said...

Lucky you having Frank come - what fun! I make a "funny cake" - never heard of a goofy cake! Would look good without the coconut - LOL