Sunday, May 3, 2009

Spring~Time Outside My Kitchen Window



I'm enjoying the green colors of spring. It's been so wet and dreary with the rains but the farmers have their ponds filled once again and the fields and gardens have been watered and everything is so green. My feathered friends are back visiting and are enjoying the feeders.




The hummingbirds are dive~bombing the feeders and at times they get as rowdy as little kids wanting a turn.


The sage in the flowerbed is growing and smells so good. Flowers are beginning to pop up and even though the temperatures are so cool it's good to have spring~time here once again.

Happy Trails....Ginger

6 comments:

Something Nice and Pretty said...

It sure is green here too with all the rain we have been having. Love the hummingbirds and the cardinal...great pictures.
Rondell

sandrasc said...

You already have hummingbirds!??!! I don't usually see any until later in the summer. Love the pics of the cardinal & hummingbird. All this rain has caused lots of my grandsons' ballgames to be postponed, but it sure is good to get everything watered and the ponds filled. Games can be played later. Enjoy these rainy days...I know I do.
sandra

WoolenSails said...

What beautiful birds to see out your window.
I see cardinals and bluejays and an occasional finch.
I have no place to hang bird feeders, need to get a pole type.

Debbie

Carrie P. said...

Yay, for spring. And the doodles in the last two posts are so cute. Thanks for sharing.

primitivebettys said...

So pretty... and relaxing too! Hummingbirds are just the coolest aren't they?! We have some Rose of Sharon bushes in our backyard. They aren't blooming yet.. but when they do, they really attract them. :)

Smiles,

Betty

Laurie sowthacres said...

Oh Ginger, I just love cardinals and we don't have them here in Colorado. Growing up in Pennsylvania we had them everywhere and my grandma had a feeder outside her kitchen window and would get so excited when a cardinal showed up that she would call us in to see it!!