Thursday, March 22, 2012

Using Up Scraps and A Simple Doodle



Today the raindrops continued to fall and the air had a crisp coolness to it. It didn't stop a little boy from playing non~stop outside on the porches. While he played I drew up a little doodle on a scrap piece of monks cloth. Then I gathered up some scrap wool yarns and found my oxford punch needle and made a small little mat of "Simple Posies"....



It's a small one for sure just 7 1/2 x 9 1/2 inches.



It was like this for hours on end a bicycle whizzing by and a puppy running back and forth. Even the cat seems to like the pup for now.



He is trying to teach the pup some manners! Coming from a little boy that at times tells me that it is really hard to be good all the time :) Yes, he does get into trouble at MoMo's house but we talk about the problem, sometimes he has to sit for awhile and think about it, and then we talk some more and after awhile all is well once again and the day goes on.

Not a day goes by that I don't pray for this little one and the new little one on the way. How the days have changed since I was a kid. I truly do believe life was simpler then.....so many changes and some not for the good.

Well the rest of the week is suppose to be warm and sunny. The sunshine will feel good and I'm sure the lawn will need another mowing as soon as it dries out.





Here is the little doodle of the "Simple Posies"....use it however you would like. Wishing you lots of sunshine this weekend and hoping you find yourself enjoying something you love to do.

Happy Trails.....Ginger

9 comments:

Anne said...

I just discovered your lovely blog; I'm a new follower!
Best,
Anne

Teri said...

Hi Ginger,
What a cute little mat! I just love my oxford punch ... it is just so much fun with all the wool yarns. I may try your posies myself.
We are getting rain today ... but, we have been pretty wet so far ... hope it doesn't come all in March and then dry up.
Have a great weekend.
Teri

Rugs and Pugs said...

Ginger ~
I am so happy to hear you are getting some much needed rain. It's amazing how quickly things are growing with this warm spring weather.
Thanks for the doodle. Everytime you show your Oxford needle, it reminds me that "one of these days" I must get mine out of the box...lol.
Is that Biscuit? That's a great pic of Sloan and the pup. Sloan is growing up. When I first started reading your blog, he was just a toddler.
Happy weekend to you.
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

Jacqueline said...

Thanks for the doodle. I appreciate your generousity.

have a great weekend.

Mugwump Woolies said...

Great little mat! Love a good Spring rainy day!
Robyn

TheCrankyCrow said...

Sweet mat Ginger....I needle punch and rug hook, but have never tried the Oxford rug punching....I keep telling myself I don't need another craft I don't get to, but I do love the look of it. We're having a rainy spell here as well. Certainly better than what it normally "does" this time of year. Have a great day! Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

Anonymous said...

Cute doodle & cute lil' mat... and of course, cute little Sloan & puppy too! You have such a kind heart. I'm blessed to know you. <3

jennifer768 said...

Love your mat! Looks like the rain could not stop the fun.Thanks for the doodle.Hugs,Jen

Doris said...

Always love pictures of Sloan and the new pup is so dear. Ilove your new doodle and always enjoy checking into your blog.