Thursday, July 16, 2009

~*Happy Birthday*~



Today just happens to be my sister Sherry's birthday. Here we are many years ago as you can tell by the photo. I'm the oldest of 4 girls and Sherry is next in line. I'm close to all my sisters but Sherry was always my sidekick growing up. We spent many an hour playing together and I have to admit it wasn't with dolls. Mud pies, climbing trees, riding bicycles, football with the neighbor boys, and pretty much bugging our little sisters. We even had our first job together mowing lawns. She works at our welding shop three days of the week keeping everything in order so I can stay home and watch our grandson. I'm just so thankful for her as well as my other two sisters.

Today is also my niece Erin's birthday and Danny's sister Tricia's birthday. How great is that to share such a great day. We will be having 2 family gatherings on Saturday to celebrate birthdays as well as a baby shower. We have a new little niece and nephew that will be making their appearances soon. The family just continues to grow and aren't babies so much fun!

Happy Birthday girls hope you enjoy your special day.

Happy Trails....Ginger

3 comments:

sandrasc said...

What a cute picture of two beautiful little girls. Such wonderful memories. And yep, as we "mature", our families do have a tendancy to grow and blessing our lives.
Have a wonderful day 'partying' Saturday. And you and Pati have a safe, fun trip to Lubbock.
sandra

WoolenSails said...

What a sweet picture of the two of you.
I love looking at old photos of my and my family.

Debbie

Cotton Eyed Jo said...

Sweet picture of you and your sister. My sister and I did much the same as the two of you. We aren't lucky enough to live in the same state. Enjoy your close proximity!
We do enjoy talking about our grandkids over the phone! ;)